What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pitcher of the Month July-August 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vent x TM
pitcherplants015.jpg

pitcherplants014.jpg

pitcherplants013.jpg

Not anywere close to as nice as Zero's but might as well try... :)

Wow the colors on the pitchers this month are really vibrant guys! very jealous!!!!

@mass that little lowii looks MEAN!

Wow the colors on the pitchers this month are really vibrant guys! very jealous!!!!

@mass that little lowii looks MEAN!

It is!! It already tried to eat my face while I was napping the other day. I woke up and it scurried into the shadows. :eek:

N.ovata "Pangulabao"

Novata_8-17.jpg

Hi, mass, Your lowii is different to what I've seen (i.e. the typical form). Is your lowii some special form?

It is!! It already tried to eat my face while I was napping the other day. I woke up and it scurried into the shadows. :eek:

I mean, the color so red. Does any typical lowii has so red pitchers?

Ahh.. it's probably darker because it was starting to die off.

@mass: dont think so...pitchers abort from top to bottom. your lid still looks pretty good.

I LOVE that spectabilis x mira, Night Sky. I'm not sure about entering the largest pitcher of my Sang. It's nice, but not a real match for what's already been entered...

Sort of a cliche entry for me, and a bit of an overkill...but rather than showing its beauty at the ground, here is one that has "climbed its way to the top" in my books...ill update it once the peristome is fully developed, but i couldnt resist this set of photos...
Nepenthes spectabilis North Sumatra upper pitcher
(yes im aware of the reflection in this, lens extension fail)
SpectabilisUpperSide.jpg

P1010013-5.jpg

SpectabilisSunSet.jpg

SpectabilisSunSet2.jpg

SpectabilisSunset4.jpg

SpectabilisSunset3.jpg

SpectabilisSunset5.jpg

Last edited:
ooooooooooooooooooooooooh!

Actually, I like the peristome when it's nice and oval with soft edges, so keep posting them. :)

Here's a pitcher from my Aristo x thorelli. The biggest one he's put out yet:

cp-aug2010-aristoxthor002.jpg

DAYM!! :D

I've always loved the aristo x thor hybrid (I had a female one) I'm still looking for it again although I did get ahold of a 3 way hybrid of N. belii x (aristo x thor) sort of like a dainty form of this plant.

Here is my Peter D'amato x maxima.

PDA+x+maxima+side.jpg

PDA+x+maxima+side+front+1.jpg

I was able to do one, final update....
sorry for the amount of updates...
P1010085-2.jpg

P1010093-2.jpg

beauty at its finest SK...truly lovely plant you have!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back