What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pitchers pics!

thez_yo

instigator
All of a sudden everything's popping open so here goes...

Exotic Lady - I'm thinking about entering this in the pitcher of the month(s):
P7190022.jpg

P7190021.jpg

P7190024.jpg

...and what's this hiding in the foliage?
P7190018.jpg

platychila! Just popped open this morning - here's some pics of the peristome peaking out (and I expect it to get darker/more stripes). I'll enter this instead for pitcher of the month(s) if it ends up opening the peristome-of-awesome!
P7190020.jpg

P7190040.jpg

New thorelliXcampy just opened up. it's smaller than the last, but has a nicer shape to it so I'm not complaining!
P7190014.jpg

P7190017.jpg

vogelli is the big one, behind is stenophylla and in front is macfarlanei working on a pitcher
P7190030.jpg

here's a macfarlanei that just popped open
P7190028.jpg

P7190027.jpg

a little toilet hanging out munching on a cricket
P7190026.jpg

sibuXcopelandii
P7190025.jpg

little red leopard basal
P7190031.jpg

P7190036.jpg

and a group shot
P7190038.jpg

Last edited:
Nice looking group! What are your night time temps if I may ask..?

Nice looking group! What are your night time temps if I may ask..?

Thanks! Whatever the temp is in downtown San Diego is whatever temps they get :-D. I've been pulling in the Helis and UH/L's during the day this week so they benefit from the A/C kicking in once it hits 75-80 degrees, otherwise everything has been getting San Diego temps since the 1st or 2nd week of May. (The L/L's are a little bummed..)

Look at 92103 for a representative temp forecast...usu around 60's on the high end to 70 nowish, a month ago low 60's.

Last edited:
Great pics, thez. Your plants are gorgeous!

I was going to say, the H/L's look great!

Neat!
Thanks for posting! :)

Lovely neps!

Great looking plants Z!! You were not kidding when you said your collection has grown!

Nice army of Neps you got there, haha.

Great looking plants Z!! You were not kidding when you said your collection has grown!

Hey, you're here! Thanks! And yeah...it's out of control :help:

:lol:

Back