What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It Looks Like....

• Thread starter Clue
  • Start date
Looks like nobody else decided to hazard a guess..... but one of Exo's guesses was dangerously close! :p

N. Clarabell = N. (clipeata x ventricosa) x [mirabilis "Thai Gold" x (northiana x maxima)] = N. (clipeata x ventricosa) x "Leessii"

I really gotta learn my neps. I understood almost none of that.

people probably could have gotten it if you verified that a certain plant was used....they still could have been knocked out if they placed the plants in the wrong order.

people probably could have gotten it if you verified that a certain plant was used....they still could have been knocked out if they placed the plants in the wrong order.

I could've, but this is all just a game... IMO it's very interesting to see how people can see traits that they think come from certain parents that are totally absent. I know that when Sam put up a few of his guessing games, it was certainly tough for me to keep on assigning looks to certain parents and end up wrong. It's just one of the more fascinating parts of hybridization. :-D

As for the cross itself, I have nothing but good points on it... it's definitely a faster growing plant that pitchers well. For something with so little clipeata in it, it looks so much like it! :cool:

The leaf is kinda cool as its red

Five hundred dollars if you can guess the code of my 8p22 chromosomal sequence. I will be magnanimous and allow up to 3 mistakes. Must show work.

It's really difficult when it's a hybrid composed entirely of hybrids.....:glare:

Back