What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. Truncata not well?

I just got my N. Truncata today, yay! But... it doesn't look like it did well on the trip. Is it salvageable?

IMG_9839.jpg

What're you talking about? That looks great...doesn't look fully unwrapped yet though?

The two larger lower leaves seem a touch yellow but otherwise it looks fine!

Yeah I forgot to mention that the picture is a little deceiving. It actually has more yellow and a little brown than my camera wanted to show. I'm glad it looks good to you guys though! I can't wait to watch it grow!!

My baby K x Q truncata is somwhat yellowish green, but that seems to be because of high light levels.

Why are the leaves getting smaller? That could be a sign of less than desirable conditions for growth. It also could be a sign of going into higher light levels. The new leaves look healthy, though, so it should do fine given the proper conditions.

I wondered why the leaves were getting smaller too, but I'm still pretty new so I let it go. I'm sure it'll love the So. Cal. weather and be a fine specimen in no time. *fingers crossed* Thanks for the comments everyone!

I don't think smaller leaves are something to worry about...I have a N. truncata that made it's biggest pitcher yet, but the leaves are getting smaller. I put it under T-8s a couple months back, so it's getting a lot more light.

Well, if you know that it is getting better light, it is nothing to worry about. If the conditions haven't changed, then it's something to worry about.

Where in so cal do you live? I'm in Garden Grove.

Well there is hope for me yet! If your leaves are small-ish but still getting larger pitchers, then I really won't worry about mine.

Steve, we're practically neighbors. I'm down in San Diego. =)

It doesn't look that bad at all! I'm sure it'll bounce back in shape :D

I've gotten plants in worse conditions before and gotten better within a week or so

Back