What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

n. (veitchii x lowii) x spectabilis

uphwiz

jimmy
I haven't seen a lot of these, so anyone with this same nep please post some of your pics if you will.:poke:
I'd like to see some shots of a more mature plant , the cp photo finder only has two shots on file.
this is the first pitcher produced in my care, you can see the pitcher on the left that came on the plant a couple months back.
n__veitchii+x+lowii_+x+spectabilis.jpg

It's pretty :0o:

I like it! :-O

Wow that's a nice plant! I had no idea anything with lowii in it could look that good!

Coming along nicely! Many do have a fair bit of the N. spectabilis coming through but being a primary x species hybrid there is also noticeable variation among the seedlings. Some of that though has to do with N. veitchii and N. lowii not really having alot of distinctive features as young seedlings, while N. spectabilis does with the heavily marked pitchers. They should be quite striking when mature. It's a fairly new hybrid so there isn't anything larger to photograph. I am sure you will see more photos as they work their way into collections and put on some growth.

veitchii x lowii is such a nice hybrid. It'll be interesting to see how these mature with the spectabilis influence. I very nearly picked one of these up. Yours shows lotsa promise.

I'd be interested to see how it looks down the road. It looks like it will turn out to be a jaw dropper.

I have 5 different clones if this cross. They all tolerate LL weather in S. Florida well, but the size of the pitchers is diminished. Once things cool off a little and they start performing better, you can be sure that I will post some pics. Judging by how nice EPs N. (veitchiix lowii) x boschiana looks, this cross from BE should be spectacular as well.

Back