What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. Ventrata- how big does it get?

I've looked around but I can't find any info that says how large a N.Ventrata can get.

I saw one person's thread and his pitcher was huge. (same plant) But he never said how big it actually was.

I just re-potted my plant and I'm wondering how much bigger it might grow.

The pitchers can get a good 6+ in. long

The plant can get quite large if you don't cut the vines
I had some that were growing in big urn pots with upside down tomato cages over them that were well over 6 feet long

It can get quite large.

a>

That Nep stole my Coca-Cola!

Last edited:
Is that one single plant? It looks like it ambushed someone as they were enjoying their afternoon sip of coke..

That's really cool! I hope mine gets that big. :D

Just for reference: If I were to trim the vine (to keep the plant smaller), where would I trim it?

I heardthey grow qite large, wild, and tangled, a thing I like a lot

where would I trim it?

You can trim nearly any nep between the nodes (where the leaf attaches) when it is in its vining stage, and it will send out at least one (but usually more) off shoots. Once those get big, repeat the process, and you get a Nepenthes bush! Not really, but you end up with something other than one long and lanky-looking vine.

Hope this helps!
CJ

tropics, is that your flicker account or someone elses?? if it is i think i have one of your splendiana x truncata seedlings.... the handwriting on the plant label matches that in the picture exactly (as far as i can tell) :)

Yep, that's my Flickr account. I sent out seeds of N. Splendiana x truncata a while back, but the only labels I send out were on the seed packets.

what do they look like now? mine is still small. im not sure if im taking care of it right. its been small for almost two years. and everybody elses seedlings i see just seem to take off growing quickly from the start

Back