What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I went to check on my Neps today and there was a bloom on my Nepenthes campanulata x thorelii:
campxthor1.jpg

As you can see it's a male so if anyone would like to have some of the pollen it should be fresh and ready in a few weeks.

here's a shot of the latest pitcher it made (about 6" tall):

campxthor2.jpg
campxthor3.jpg

Here's some of my Nep collection:
10Gneptank.jpg

Key:

A. N. campanulata x thorelii
B. N. aristolochioides x spectabilis
C. N. rafflesiana Giant (BE99)
D. N. jamban
E. N. treubiana (supposedly this one matures into a lowland version of N. rajah?)
F. N. mirabilis
G. N. jacquelinae

The Highlanders will be in a new HL vivarium setup and the Lowlanders in LL vivariums
but currently all are in intermediate conditions and inflating new pitcher buds so that's cool. :)

Awesome! Great plants you got going.

Nice pics. One question: you grow N.raff under highland condition?

The Highlanders will be in a new HL vivarium setup and the Lowlanders in LL vivariums
but currently all are in intermediate conditions and inflating new pitcher buds so that's cool.

OMG you have one too? I absolutely LOVE this hybrid. It's my best grower and pops out some spectacular pitchers!

Yours is redder and more campanulata-y than mine..I'm jealous ;)

I got it mainly cos I can't find N. campanulata anywhere in the US anymore but do I like the larger pitchers it puts out and this one is still a tolerable diameter. IIRC 7 cm was the biggest pitchers my true campanulata ever made.

The pitchers on mine tend to be slightly different on each leaf, the one before this one was very wide at the top like a funnel this new one is a bit less so, I hope the next one will be real wide again.

Mine does that too - I hope it starts getting more campanulata pitchers...I can't believe how different the pitchers are on each leaf!

Back