What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Andy-Your Judith Finn Loves Me :D

• Thread starter Adam
  • Start date

Adam

Sarracenia Collector
My Judith Finn is creating a node!:boogie:

Pics later!
Thanks for the great plant, Andy!

ScaleHopefullynot002.jpg

Congrats! Interesting that yours is in the vining stage and making a node- mine has been in the rosette stage for years now. And it was only this summer, when it started to vine, did it make branch low on the stem like that.

Hey awgaupp! Thanks for the update, always love seeing them :)

Congrats! Interesting that yours is in the vining stage and making a node- mine has been in the rosette stage for years now. And it was only this summer, when it started to vine, did it make branch low on the stem like that.

I don't think his is actually at the vining stage, for some reason my stock has long stems but the top growth is compact. Here is a picture from my Judith Finn tray

IMG_1416.JPG

And here is the next one to go out (3.5" square pot) UnstuckinTime, you can see the growth here that I'm talking about.

IMG_1417.JPG

Andrew

Hey awgaupp! Thanks for the update, always love seeing them :)

I don't think his is actually at the vining stage, for some reason my stock has long stems but the top growth is compact. Here is a picture from my Judith Finn tray
No problem.
This is a very stupid question, but what is the vining stage?

Neps are vines.
They start in a rosette stage then vine out.
They can get very large.

Neps are vines.
They start in a rosette stage then vine out.
They can get very large.

That's what I kinda figured...
My Vent is a vine then...

I guess mine is doing a more "normal" thing then, rosette'd for a while and now its vining!

Old wood from rosetting, including node-growth
P8260689.jpg

First stages of vining here
P8260690.jpg

The whole thing
P8260693.jpg

When do you take cuttings Andy? Would it be safe to say that cuttings taken at a vining stage revert back to rosetting, keeping only the evidence of their 'previous life'?

usually cuttings will continue to grow in the stage in which they are taken, IE vine cuttings form uppers if that was the stage, while the lower portion with compact internodes would proceed with lower pitchers....

Back