What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sanguinea and wolf spiders =)

so lastnight I go into my office room to take a look at some wood flooring samples I just got from home depot and move the rug aside to place down the samples. Just then a giant wolf spider jolts out from under the rug.. typically these guys are the staple food for my nepenthes so I trap him with a cup, looking at him closer his back is all spikey and fuzzy which isnt typical for these spiders (at least the spikes)

I bring it over and dump it out with a makeshift funnel out of a piece a paper which leads him into my sanguinea..

since this was a new pitcher it didnt have much fluid inside so i pour in some extra RO water.

just then i heard all these popping and hissing noises, i look inside and TONS of baby spiders are swimming trying to escape, and tons more are sunk on the bottom of the pitcher.

what a trip.. when I had the spider in the cup there was no sign of baby spiders at all, just spikes on its back

Once again...ewwwww...

lol yeah it was pretty weird

Ewww...that's like a worst nightmare right there..I bet you're glad you caught it when you did! omg *shudders*

I feel badly for all the baby spiders. Never got a chance at life.

Yeah I felt bad too.. but its better than having them all through my house! =O

I live in Arizona so these spiders are pretty typical

Family feast, and they were they main course! Last week I fed my mantis a momma wolf with babies on her back. Yeah, that good wholesome family fun!

Back