What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. bellii x carunculata var. robusta: EP expects this cross to look like a purple bellii x veitchii, so I grabbed a few. Here are three of my four clones (the last one hasn't pitchered yet):
IMG_3477.jpg

IMG_3478.jpg

IMG_3482.jpg

N. hookeriana: this guy is really big. The pitchers can be a bit darker, but it is going into climbing mode. I love the coloration of the perisomte.
IMG_3454.jpg

IMG_3455.jpg

IMG_3483.jpg

N. lowii x campanulata: one of my more purple clones. Sorry about the fuzziness, but this is the only one I took.
IMG_3476.jpg

N. mirabilis var. 'globosa' 'bullfrog': this is about as squat and hairless as you get. There aren't even bristles on the ladder. This is supposed to be a female. Hopefully my bellii x (thorelii x aritolochioides) from Tony goes into bloom at the same time, though crossing this to pure aristolochiodes would be even more interesting...
IMG_3466.jpg

IMG_3467.jpg

IMG_3472.jpg

N. (lowii x veitchii) x boschiana: this guy is loving Miami in the summer! The peristome starts out striped like this and turns deep pruple to the point parts look black.
IMG_3456.jpg

IMG_3486.jpg

N. mirabilis var. 'globosa' x rafflesiana: developing a nie set of wings.
IMG_3475.jpg

N. mirabilis var. 'globosa' x (ampullaria x mirabilis): trio of super cute pitchers? Don't you just want to eat them? Moths love them.
IMG_3453.jpg

N. mirabilis var. 'globosa': another female, though sadly my mails decided to make pollen the moment she wasn't receptive. I find this clone very elegant.
IMG_3473.jpg

IMG_3469.jpg

N. mirabilis var. 'globosa': a heck of a lot of promise! Melanoma?
IMG_3461.jpg

IMG_3462.jpg

N. mirabilis var. 'globosa': formed oddly, but the wings help it pull off the look.
IMG_3471.jpg

N. mirabilis var. 'globosa' super A# 8: nothing compared to what it will look like...
IMG_3460.jpg

N. 'tiger' x mirabilis: kiss it!
IMG_3463.jpg

IMG_3465.jpg

cute :-D

I really like that A# 8 - it looks really nice. Is it supposed to get more white or something?

I love the first and second globosa hybrids something about round pitchers. How big are these globosa hybrids, like 2-3 feet in diameter or smaller?

Do people not save pollen for use later?

The nice things about globosa is that the plants don't get big like other Nepnethes.The two globosa hybrids are not too big: (8 in. pot)
IMG_3083.jpg

I don't have pics of the entire plant for the other cross, but it is not that big, though it should get bigger since it is not mature yet. I have never saved pollen, bu some people have tried with varying degrees of success.

As for the super A# 8, when mature, it should be deep red with big open wings and a winged tendril. Though, its harder to get the red coloration for some clones. We shall see as this one matures...

Yeah that is a nice size, I shall have to keep an eye out for those globosa's and related hybrids. Thanks for showing them!

Globosa is great for making colorful squat hybrids! I hope to make some one day soon :)

Back