What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pitcher of the Month contest September 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rules are simple,
1.Photo must have been taken this month, no pitcher age limit
2.Plant must have been in owners possession for at least 6 months prior to entry
3.Plant must be clearly labeled in the owners entry
4.If more than one pitcher is in the photo, it must be clarified as to which is being entered into the contest.
5.Photo updates of pitchers are fine, and more than one photo is welcome, however the photo must be of the same pitcher, no other.
6.Winners may NOT enter the SAME pitcher again after winning, another pitcher on the same plant is fine but NOT the same pitcher
7.Entries may be changed at any given time in the contest, however the previous entry must be edited and pictures removed, and new entry clearly labeled in a new post.

Contest will be closed on September 30th at 12:00AM PST
Good luck and lets get another good set of neps

Me first, LOL , I had plans for entering my lowii x campanulana this month , but I'm so proud of my Burkei, from near nothing back at the first of the year, and with a little advise here, I've been able to turn it totally around.
This is the first pitcher that has made it to the floor, I just hope it opens and matures enough by the end of the month to make a nice show.
Hope DVG dosent enter his , its the most beautiful burkei ive seen.
I'm striving to have mine look as nice DVG's.
IMG_3002.jpg

OMG :drool: I love burkei...I'm waiting on the same for my sibuXTM but it still hasn't hatched..

--edit--
it opened later in the day!
P9120003.jpg

P9120005.jpg

P9120006.jpg

P9120009.jpg

its still got to unfurl for a while...I'll give it a week or two:
P9120010.jpg

and a penny for scale:
P9120011.jpg

Last edited:
I've never done the whole "Omg it's almost open, I'll update later when it is" thing before but I figure it's never too late to start. :D

Nepenthes spectabilis x talangensis Sorry for the through the glass shot!
SANY0661.jpg

Opened up quite a bit looking nice. Spectabilis x talangensis
SANY0662.jpg

Last edited:
Updates! Not rolled back all the way yet but...

P9160014.jpg

P9160013.jpg

That's a killer cross! Nice growing thez.

My N.jacq.....

njacq_9-18-10.jpg

Truncata x (Venricosa x Aristo)
DHDHDHDHD004.jpg

Updates! She's all colored up now. Letting it rest on the moss definitely helped this pitcher out a bit!
DSCN5443.jpg

DSCN5445.jpg

DSCN5442.jpg

Last update I promise (but OMG I love this pitcher!!):

P9240032.jpg

P9240030.jpg

P9240026.jpg

P9240027.jpg

P9240028.jpg

P9240029.jpg

Update. ;)

njacq02_9-18-10.jpg

Mrs. yo , the lid looks like a burkei lid:0o: very nice pitcher, and nice pics too.
i need to up date mine before the month is out.:blush:

Thanks everyone for the compliments btw :-D ... don't wanna detract from the pics with lotsa me saying "thanks" for the gorgeous genetics of the cross. If I can get it to vine and have lots of leaves (which is a thing I'm struggling with given my low humidity...keeping lower leaves..) I want cuttings of this plant spreading out because I just love the orange tinge to it and the almost succulent nature of the pitcher.

here are some up dates, on my n. burkei.
burkei.jpg
burkei-1.jpg
IMG_3070.jpg
IMG_3109-123burkei.jpg
IMG_3149.jpg

last update, Its about as dark as it will get , and will stay this way for about two weeks, then will start to brown starting from the lid and move down the pitcher , I cant wait for this nep to start producing uppers.
IMG_3175-111burkei.jpg
burkei2.jpg
-burkeilid.jpg
This picture was just taken.
IMG_3279.jpg

N x 'Sabre':

cp-sep2010-sabre001.jpg

cp-sep2010-sabre002.jpg

Last edited:
bmp whats up not enough entries?

Status
Not open for further replies.