What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes veitchii (k)

I have had the Nepenthes veitchii (k) for months now and I am really enjoying this plant. It is very similar to the Malesiana Tropicals N. veitchii pink clone; except the leaves and pitchers are more compact and the plant's perimstome shows alot more striping then the MT clone.

I am growing my plant indoors under high pressure sodium lights and the plant is getting cold nights between 48-55°. It would probably grow faster with warmer nights but it is one of only a few intermediate plants I have in the grow area so it takes a back-seat to the fussy species.

Any one else growing this plant or care to share some pics?

Here are some pictures of mine:
veitchii-ep--02-0910.jpg

veitchii-ep--01-0910.jpg

The peristiome on the pitchers starts to color with age to reveal a beautiful vermilion. Here is a pitcher making the transformation.
veitchii-ep--03-0910.jpg

I'm a real fan of veitchii, and especially enjoy the striped peristome variants of the species.

Mike, your veitchii pitcher is a beauty now, but the coming pitchers are only going to get more spectacular as your plant matures.

Great growing,

dvg

beautiful .
love the fuzz on the pitcher itself, feels like velcro ?

Back