What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello all. Been taking some new pics lately of my plants since they've been looking better lately.

To start off. Some nice nep seedlings I germinated myself.

i-33.jpg

j-27.jpg

k-23.jpg

l-18.jpg

Next is my Newest Replacement Nepenthes Edwardsiana, This Edwardsiana is already showing new growth and has opened up a new leaf since I received it.

a-119.jpg

b-110.jpg

Next are some pictures of my 2 Nepenthes Tenuis plants. The Tallest one is a Female Tenuis. Lets hope the other one is a male.

q-9.jpg

u-6.jpg

t-6.jpg

s-6.jpg

r-7.jpg

Next are some pics of my Ampullaria Giant Red striped peristome getting quite tall. This plant has 5 basal nodes growing on it at the moment. Cant wait to do cuttings.

z-2.jpg

n-11.jpg

o-9.jpg

p-9.jpg

g-8.jpg

A couple nice Lowii x Truncata's.

e-65.jpg

b-109.jpg

b-107.jpg

Some nice pics of my Female N. Hamakua

d-77.jpg

c-92.jpg

N. Northiana x Veitchii H/L

o-8.jpg

My baby girl Shadow

f-49.jpg

Nepenthes Thorelii x Rafflesiana Singapore x Talangensis x Inermis coming back nicely.

h-37.jpg

My male Spectabilis x Veitchii H/L

a-2.jpg

How did u get ur amp to grow up , my keeps vining/

man those seedlings are doing great. gotten a bit larger from the last time i saw pics of them. also that specxveitchii is intense dude.

How did u get ur amp to grow up , my keeps vining/

I just let the plant vine and climb. I dont ever top off the main plant till it reaches the height I want it at. This plant I want to let it get like 8 feet tall, LOL. Its a very fast grower. I mist the plant and all my plants several times a day with rain water with superthrive. Also water them once a day with the rain water with superthrive.

:-O
♫ Your greenhouse is a wonderlaaaaaaaaand...♪

Everything's really looking SOOOOOOOO good, Mike!
I especially love your Spect x Veitchii, and the pretty green pitcher hiding behind it.
And oh! Which seedling is that one magic one that's unique to you?

:-O
♫ Your greenhouse is a wonderlaaaaaaaaand...♪

Everything's really looking SOOOOOOOO good, Mike!
I especially love your Spect x Veitchii, and the pretty green pitcher hiding behind it.
And oh! Which seedling is that one magic one that's unique to you?

Thanks. The Spec x Veitchii pitcher picture was actually taken a while ago, lol. That plant is currently flowering at the moment with 2 flower stalks. I cant wait till its done flowering.

The unique seedling that your thinking of are the Hamakua hybrids that I made a while back. When It was time to harvest the seeds off of my Female Hamakua, All the pods opened early and small. I thought the seeds were bad, but decided to plant them anyways.
I have only 2 seedlings growing from the seeds from her. They are either Hamakua x Truncata x Veitchii H/L or Hamakua x Veitchii H/L x Veitchii L/L.

I just let the plant vine and climb. I dont ever top off the main plant till it reaches the height I want it at. This plant I want to let it get like 8 feet tall, LOL. Its a very fast grower. I mist the plant and all my plants several times a day with rain water with superthrive. Also water them once a day with the rain water with superthrive.

oh wow. i was under the assumption that additives were to be used at the most biweekly?

what is this superthrive..a fertilizer?

do you notice a discernible difference in the growth rate or quality of the neps?

if yes to the 3rd question..where is this product to be found and at what strength would you reccomend it to be used?

oh wow. i was under the assumption that additives were to be used at the most biweekly?

what is this superthrive..a fertilizer?

do you notice a discernible difference in the growth rate or quality of the neps?

if yes to the 3rd question..where is this product to be found and at what strength would you reccomend it to be used?

The great thing about superthrive is that it isn't a fertilizer. Its just a bunch of Vitamins and Hormones. When I water the roots and spray the leaves of my plants with the rainwater with superthrive everyday, I'm noticing 2 weeks growth in 1 week. Its making my slow growing Veitchii hybrids pick up in pace and growing faster than usual. I highly recommend this stuff to everyone. Its bringing all my plants back to good health, and very quickly. I also use it on my Seedlings as well. I pretty much use it on all my plants all the time.

I usually add like 4 to 6 drops per gallon considering how many plants are getting treated with the superthrive.

You can find this stuff at your local Lowes or Homedepot. And online as well. Like Ebay.

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 PM ----------

Took some more new pictures today.

My Male Campanulata

a-120.jpg

b-111.jpg

z-3.jpg

Some more pics of my Edwardsiana growing fast thanks to Superthrive.

g-48.jpg

h-38.jpg

Some pics of my Multigrowth Hummers Giant coming back nicely

k-24.jpg

e-66.jpg

f-57.jpg

i-34.jpg

k-24.jpg

Small little crown that broke off during grooming. Hope it roots.

c-94.jpg

j-28.jpg

Nepenthes Pervillei coming back nicely as well thanks to Superthrive.

l-19.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats man. Those are some wonderful plants. Glad to see your eddie growing for ya this time.

Took some new pics.

I'll start off with some new Edwardsiana pics. Superthrive is really helping this baby come along.

d-80.jpg

c-96.jpg

b-113.jpg

a-122.jpg

The Female Hamakua. Superthrive is really making her grow like a weed.

e-68.jpg

f-58.jpg

Even though the new eddie is smaller than your last, it definitely looks more lively than the last. Good luck with it.

Even though the new eddie is smaller than your last, it definitely looks more lively than the last. Good luck with it.

Thanks. Its actually a hair larger than my Last. The picture probably makes it look smaller, but its actually a hair bigger. I have a feeling that in like 6 months it'll probably be like 2 or 3 in in diameter hopefully. As long as I keep up using the superthrive regularly. I'll post some new pics of my Seed grown Dubias in like the next couple months. The superthrive is bringing them back from near death from earlier this year.

wow that superthrive is giving everything a solid kick in the pants man. especially the sphag in your edwardsiana pot!

pics of your setup please??

wow that superthrive is giving everything a solid kick in the pants man. especially the sphag in your edwardsiana pot!

pics of your setup please??

I'll take you some fresh pics of my grow set up tomorrow when its daylight. On the Superthrive. It sure is indeed. Its the best stuff I have ever used and the only stuff I stick to with all my plants.

Its not the prettiest set up at the moment, LOL.

alright awesome. do you feed your neps pitchers at all as well or strictly superthrive?

alright awesome. do you feed your neps pitchers at all as well or strictly superthrive?

When I have the bugs around I'll feed the neps through their pitchers, but I'll still give them superthrive either way. So the plants can get both bugs and superthrive in a day. A lot of the time I notice them catching their own insects. But I'll still superthrive them up to help give them that extra boost needed. I like seeing that 2 weeks growth in one, LOL.

lol im sure you do, especially with that eddi you got...again lol.

Back