What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So my spectabilis thinks it's dying..

nightsky

Lover of Mountains
..or it really is in fact dying, time will tell. It was doing great, and has been for a couple years. Then it made a pitcher that was 1/4 the size of the previous. Then it threw out a couple very tiny leaves, about 1/4 the size of the previous leaves, all of which didn't pitcher. Now, it has thrown out 3 spikes in succession. The first I let bloom, and it had lots of flowers. Then it immediately made another, which I cut before it bloomed. Then just today I notice it was making yet another, which I cut, but it didn't look like it was going to have many flowers on it, it was going to be pathetic.

So, I think this thing is trying to kick the bucket. I haven't changed any conditions, so I'm stumped. I cannot see any sign of disease or pest, so I dunno what's going on. So I think I'm going to repot it, as it has been a couple of years, just to see if that helps. But, I'm also thinking maybe I should just take cuttings. Man this sucks as it took nearly a year to settle in and pitcher when I first got it. Hate to go through that again. :censor:

aww I'm sorry :( well at least you can get those cuttings if you need.

Back