What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1ST TERRARIUM 148L, 2x36W (T8) 6000K

PA0600452.jpg

N.ampullaria ''Brunei Red x Harlequin'', N. mirabilis var. echinostoma, N.ampullaria ''Green'' and N. rafflesiana (typical?). These 3 little plants are growing in my shaded area.

PA0600332.jpg

Nepenthes hirsuta and Nepenthes fusca ''flared peristome''. I had problems with hirsuta at first, but now it has seattled down and started to make a pitcher.

PA0600392.jpg

PA0600472.jpg

Nepenthes veitchii x maxima or Nepenthes x Tiveyi as you please :) New pitcher, I like how yellow it is before turning red.

PA0600402.jpg

Older N. x Tiveyi pitcher, red peristome

PA0600422.jpg

This plant has also carnivorous leaves :lol:

PA0600322.jpg

N. x hookeriana growing in the middle of jungle.

PA0600632.jpg

000000P8290435.png

N. rafflesiana. I bought it over a year ago and it has became a big monster! I'm totally in love with its spiky teeth :B

PA0600492.jpg

My raff is mad at making basal shoots. I have also realized that it has grown aerial roots. I think I should repot my raff next year :D

PA0600612.jpg

PA0600622.jpg

Overviews of the full terrarium

THE 2ND TERRIUM 112L, 2x18W (T8)

PA0600582.jpg

My second N. x Tiveyi. It's my biggest plant so i had to place it outside of my terrarium = it lost its big 18cm pitchers :/ (I hoped it to reach 20cm pitchers but it was too big). Now it has zero pitchers so it's ''small'' enought to fit in my terrarium. It is growing a tendril so... hope lives :tu:

PA0600552.jpg

Growing tendril and N. hookeriana basals.

PA0600532.jpg

N. x ventrata which is about to make uppers!

thank you for watching :blush:

Nice lowlanders! Rafflesiana is gorgeous.

Thanks for sharing pics. Your plants look great, that raff. looks especially happy. Still one of my favs.

Nice plants and the terrariums. Just a question: are you keeping your neps sitting in shallow water?

Thank you for comments!

Zhilin - My ampullarias and mirabilis are sitting in water the most of the time. I usually water all my plants couple of times in a week and i do leave water sitting. Sometimes it fades away and sometimes not. I have grown the most of my plants over year and they have adjusted to it. I think my plants don't mind having some extra 5mm water :)

Back