What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

veitchii gender

This is only my second plant to flower and even though I've read how to tell male from female and looked at pictures of both I still don't feel very confident so I figured I would see what more experienced growers think it is. Sorry for the cell phone pic but I left my camera at school since I'm only home for a couple days before heading back.

hard to say but it looks female to me...

That is what I was thinking too but I'm not sure either. If it helps it is a veitchii bareo from MT.

The MT Bareo plant is female. At least every one I have seen so far has been..
They used to have a few clones out there but the plants they are producing the past couple years all appear to be the same clone now.

Thanks Tony.

If anyone has a male flowering soon and wants to try for seeds I can try to pollinate her. Anyone who is interested let me know and I will pick one that sounds interesting. I've never done it before so I can't promise it will take but I'll send 1/2 the seeds back if it does.

n(veitchii x tiveyi) x maxima

the pitcher is a little worse for wear but is a good representation of the pitchers ( I think lower pitchers )
IMG_2628.jpg

I still have two packets in the fridge,
If your interested PM me your address and I'll get it right out to you.

Back