What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. spectabilis x talangensis intermediate?

DSCN6051.jpg

N. spectabilis x aristolochioides with a very large and colorful pitcher. :)

DSCN6053.jpg

DSCN6052.jpg

Awesome! You are the Nepenthes god! :hail:

Thank you lime :p Of course we all know that is not true.

More Nepenthes updates!

N. faizaliana is a peculiar plant. This pitcher has solid coloring on all its surfaces. Yet it is the only one on the plant like it.

DSCN6080.jpg

Because most of the pitchers are like this, with the color being abruptly cut off by the digestive zone. Hmm :scratch:

DSCN6081.jpg

I was going to enter this in the POM, but decided to enter another instead so I have a bunch of senseless glamshots of N. burbidgeae x edwardsiana 's latest pitcher. :p

DSCN6084.jpg

DSCN6088.jpg

DSCN6086.jpg

DSCN6087.jpg

DSCN6082.jpg

N. spectabilis x talangensis

DSCN6089.jpg

N. jacquelineae's latest, not bad, not too impressive either, though.

DSCN6091.jpg

I love this plant, N. ventricosa x glandulifera

DSCN6093.jpg

I'm speechless :love:

your spectabilis x talangensis is gorgeous. BTW did you have trouble getting your burb x edddie to pitcher for you when you got it?

Ooh <3 very nice!!

I'm speechless :love:

Yet still you found something to say. ;) Thanks!

your spectabilis x talangensis is gorgeous. BTW did you have trouble getting your burb x edddie to pitcher for you when you got it?

I know a few other growers on here who have this plant have had difficulty getting theirs to produce pitchers.

However, my plant experienced a very standard period of acclimation but after that it has been pitchering constantly. So I would say that in my conditions, it is a profuse pitcherer.

Ooh <3 very nice!!

<3 Thank you!

Beautiful! N. talangensis makes nice hybrids for sure... I don't find the species itself especially interesting,, but the hybrids are very nice.

Its funny, I was going to get a N. burbidgeae x edwardsiana, decided not too... wonder how it wou'dve done for me.

Nice! For some reason I can't get my burb x eddy to grow, or pitcher. It just kinda sits and does nothing. Doesn't grow or decline.

Wow, the spectabilis x talangensis is a real beauty! Thanks for sharing

I'm impressed! :awesome:

Alright, so Summer has been rough on my collection and when I finally went to tend to my terrarium, there were many tragedies to be found.

I hadn't moved this bad boy in a long, long time... As you can see. In serious need of a repotting.

DSCN6290.jpg

It lost quite a few pitchers but still has a few good ones.

DSCN6291.jpg

Basal pitcher

DSCN6292.jpg

DSCN6293.jpg

N. ventricosa x glandulifera also in need of a repot.

DSCN6295.jpg

DSCN6294.jpg

But, strutting its stuff!

DSCN6296.jpg

N. spectabilis x aristolochioides

DSCN6302.jpg

And then...

R.I.P N. ampullaria x talangensis

DSCN6304.jpg

R.I.P. N. glabrata

DSCN6305.jpg

R.I.P. N. jacquelineae

DSCN6303.jpg

:cry:

That first plant is a beauty. Sucks about your dead ones! I've lost a few this past year also, sadly my favorites! Lost hamata, izumiea x tm and jamban.

Hahaha! I laughed at that DIY coathanger thing holding the vine up in the first pic..

I'm too used to seeing those small, shrivelled brown neps... not a fun sight :( Rest are looking great though!

Hahaha! I laughed at that DIY coathanger thing holding the vine up in the first pic..

I'm too used to seeing those small, shrivelled brown neps... not a fun sight :( Rest are looking great though!

Thanks!

That pole was actually an orchid flower stalk holder thing, just needed a bend and it worked for the Nep.

:)

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 PM ----------

That first plant is a beauty. Sucks about your dead ones! I've lost a few this past year also, sadly my favorites! Lost hamata, izumiea x tm and jamban.

Those are some real gems to loose :(

I'm sorry to hear that.

New Nepenthes alert!

N. glandulifera x boschiana (I'm all about these glandulifera hybrids!)

It was too weedy so I instantly divided it.

DSCN6337.jpg

It should be interesting. And in the ultimate long run, I think it would be awesome to cross with ventricosa x glandulifera, if possible.

DSCN6338.jpg

N. faizaliana (AW)

DSCN6334.jpg

N. venticosa x glandulifera

DSCN6333.jpg

Speaking of glandulifera hybrids, have you got a maxima x glandulifera?
Mine show quite a lot of glands at a very small size and I think they will have a lot of glandulifera in them.
I have two and would send one but I keep forgetting this isn't an Australian forum :(

Speaking of glandulifera hybrids, have you got a maxima x glandulifera?
Mine show quite a lot of glands at a very small size and I think they will have a lot of glandulifera in them.
I have two and would send one but I keep forgetting this isn't an Australian forum :(

I don't have one of those, but they sure look cool! This glandulifera x boschiana doesn't appear to have many glands... We'll see how it grows up.

Post some pics!

I don't have one of those, but they sure look cool! This glandulifera x boschiana doesn't appear to have many glands... We'll see how it grows up.

Post some pics!

There isn't really much to see at the moment, just got through winter. They should start pitchering now the weather is warming up, I will post some once they do!

This is why I love getting Nepenthes from Tony:

Received N. eymae x ephippiata on 9/26

DSCN6370.jpg

Took this picture today 10/21

DSCN6396.jpg

Back