What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latest pitcher for spectabilis x aristolochioides.

DSCN6400.jpg

Here's what was looking good!

N. spectabilis x aristolochioides colored up and oozing nectar. Sorry for the fog..

DSCN6403.jpg

N. ventricosa x glandulifera intermediate pitcher????

DSCN6404.jpg

N. spectabilis x talangensis basal pitcher

DSCN6405.jpg

U. nelumbifolia - nelumbing

DSCN6406.jpg

N. eymae x jacquenlineae first pitcher in my care. :banana2:

DSCN6407.jpg

DSCN6408.jpg

N. eymae x eppiphiata first pitcher in my care.

DSCN6409.jpg

And a new comer from Dashman's giveaway (thanks so much! :hail: ) - Royal Truncata N. "Queen of hearts" x "King of spades"

DSCN6411.jpg

DSCN6410.jpg

And my first ever obligatory cat picture - Miskers.

DSCN6401.jpg

So I just moved my setup around. Brought all the plants into my ice-box room so that they could continue getting the night time temperature drop that they need. (hopefully) I really like having them here on my desk to look at all the time. :)

DSCN6429.jpg

N. glandulifera x boschiana - first pitcher in my care.

DSCN6414.jpg

N. spectabilis x talangensis - basal pitcher.

DSCN6416.jpg

Just a scene from in the terrarium, I like it.

DSCN6417.jpg

Nobody else seems to like this plant at all. :lol: I'm a big fan though.

N. ventricosa x glandulifera

DSCN6418.jpg

DSCN6419.jpg

H. heterodoxa x minor, chugging along, out of focus, but N. faizaliana AW is clear in the back.

DSCN6420.jpg

Always a pretty plant - N. spectabilis x aristolochioides.

DSCN6421.jpg

And just wanting to prove that I still have it and it is still living, my favorite love - N. argentii. It looks like this latest leaf might make a pitcher. :banana2:

DSCN6423.jpg

And sorry I know I've posted a lot of these plants lately, but I can't get enough -

N. eymae x jacquelineae

DSCN6424.jpg

DSCN6425.jpg

DSCN6426.jpg

And another fave - N. eymae x eppiphiata

DSCN6427.jpg

DSCN6428.jpg

Left side -

DSCN6431.jpg

Right side -

DSCN6430.jpg

The eymae hybrid/royal truncata den.

DSCN6432.jpg

That's everything!

Your welcome. I just got it not too long ago so can't really comment on the conditions it has been growing in. Perhaps a little more light should get it to color up.

Judging from the pics of your other neps, I'd say conditions will be perfect for it.

Whoa man, your plants look great!! :laaa:

Your welcome. I just got it not too long ago so can't really comment on the conditions it has been growing in. Perhaps a little more light should get it to color up.

Judging from the pics of your other neps, I'd say conditions will be perfect for it.

Yeah it is chugging along so far. All my plants could use a little more light, but I'm thinking it will do just fine, it seems like a sturdy plant. I can't really comment on the conditions it was growing in either. :lol:

Whoa man, your plants look great!! :laaa:

Thank you! Coming from new King. But trust me, only the plants I posted look great. :lol:

I use pretty much the same lighting set up, works pretty well for me. The plants look good.

Looking good, Dexenthes! I personally adore that N argentii :)

I use pretty much the same lighting set up, works pretty well for me. The plants look good.

Thanks. Yeah I feel like this lighting setup is pretty much the bare minimum that the Nepenthes need. Ideally I would like to get maybe even twice as many lumens into that tank.

Looking good, Dexenthes! I personally adore that N argentii :)

Thank you! I adore it as well. I hope it grows up to be quite small and beautiful. :lol:

love the spec x talangensis

Lookin' awesome man! I love the whole terrarium shots

So yesterday I decided to finally bite the bullet and purchase some T5's. Seeing as the only size that they came in that was remotely reasonable for my plants was the 4 foot double tubes, I was forced to update my setup:

Finally the plants are not quite so crammed! And I have them all together now instead of divided between two terrariums.

DSCN6452.jpg

A few of the better looking pitchers:

N. faizaliana

DSCN6441.jpg

Another basal pitcher of N. spectabilis x talangensis

DSCN6445.jpg

The basal is getting pretty sturdy looking!

DSCN6446.jpg

And the rest of the old vine.

DSCN6447.jpg

The only pitcher forming on the vine, I think it may be an intermediate, the coloration and form is slightly different than the lowers.

DSCN6448.jpg

N. ventricosa x glandulifera really putting on some size.

DSCN6449.jpg

Love the lid coloration

DSCN6450.jpg

But especially the inner pitcher speckles.

DSCN6451.jpg

I hope my babies like the change of scenery and lighting!

DSCN6453.jpg

:drool:

oh, nice. I like your setup, thats a nice heli you got there! Minor, right?

oh, nice. I like your setup, thats a nice heli you got there! Minor, right?

heterodoxa x minor, actually. It has stayed real small probably because of my old smaller lights.

Yea, I thought it was minor because of the smaller nectar spoons, but the lower light would explain that.

More of the same.... Same of some more!

N. glandulifera x boschiana getting some color.

DSCN6490.jpg

And because it is my only true love.... N. argentii

DSCN6502.jpg

And because this is the first pitcher I've gotten with some red coloration on it, H. heterodoxa x minor

DSCN6501.jpg

And because despite the tendril placement, I believe this to be an intermediate pitcher of N. spectabilis x talangensis.

DSCN6500.jpg

Scarface, the N. spectabilis x aristolochioides.

DSCN6499.jpg

And then the seedlings that I received from Ron's giveaway last year - S. oreophila "sand Mountain"

DSCN6498.jpg

DSCN6497.jpg

DSCN6496.jpg

DSCN6495.jpg

N. faizaliana finally starting to make what seems to be a maturish pitcher, RIGHT as I decide to sell it. :(

DSCN6494.jpg

My slowest growing plant - H. pulchella, finally making a pitcher, and one that is mature looking at that!

DSCN6493.jpg

N. eymae x x trusmadiensis, inflating its first pitcher for me.

DSCN6492.jpg

DSCN6488.jpg

DSCN6489.jpg

Nice dex! Glandulifera x boschiana is quite the vigorous one, is it? I've got one too, it just keeps growing bigger and bigger with every leaf and pitcher.

Back