What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

very nice pictures dex. thank you for sharing!

Oh and the capensis red got actually red for me in the 'winter' here outside so maybe it needs lower temps to bring out the color? Just a thought. Either that or less light but I'm not sure that's the ticket for any cps :lol:

Low night time temps seem to help + lots of light. That seems to be the way it works for my plants outside. Right now they are not looking too red as well. Maybe seasonal component?

That burbeddie and the ventricosa x hamata are incredible!

Thank you everyone. :-D

Beautiful plants. Your pics and others' nice pics really make me want to get a better cammera. Sigh...

Don't worry Rich, my camera is just a little point and shoot.

Oh and the capensis red got actually red for me in the 'winter' here outside so maybe it needs lower temps to bring out the color? Just a thought. Either that or less light but I'm not sure that's the ticket for any cps :lol:

Hmm, that is something. :scratch: Perhaps in the summer when I move the capes out of the terrarium they will get red.

Looks awesome, Dex. How's the singalana x hamata doing? Mine's growing faster than I expected it would, with another pitcher on the way.

It's doing really good, it has pretty much grown without a hitch since arriving and it currently has three pitchers forming and getting color, so I am pretty stoked.

Of course I'll post a pic when they open. :banana2:

Because Dexenthes heard the masses chanting outside:

ventricosa x glandulifera ! ventricosa x glandulifera ! ventricosa x glandulifera!

DSCN6808.jpg

DSCN6811.jpg

DSCN6810.jpg

DSCN6821.jpg

DSCN6823.jpg

It's funky, I like it. :-D

Also -

The first time I actually understood why it is called a nectar spoon.

DSCN6820.jpg

And the infamous . . .

DSCN6819.jpg

I absolutely love N. ventricosa x glandilufera, a hybrid between two great underrated neps!

I absolutely love N. ventricosa x glandilufera, a hybrid between two great underrated neps!

You've just made my forum membership! :-D I totally agree. After seeing this latest pitcher I can't help but think it looks so distorted that it almost looks like it has lowii somewhere in it. (Even though I know it doesn't)

It also has white chunks in the pitcher fluid. :0o: Which is weird because there's no way they got in there aside from being grown in there because the pitcher just opened...

What's the infamous? burb x eddy?

Great as always, Dexter.

Everything looks great!

What's the infamous? burb x eddy?

Of course!

Nice pics! Love the heli.

Thanks, it's "growing" on me. :-D

Great as always, Dexter.

Thanks, that's a new one!

Everything looks great!

Gracias. :)

Just a couple more updates:

N. ventricosa x glandulifera's peristome is bent back and all that good stuff.

DSCN6828.jpg

DSCN6827.jpg

N. singalana x hamata, just existing in general. :-D

DSCN6832.jpg

The first proper pitcher that N. eymae x x trusmadiensis has made for me. It's not all that spectacular IMO. :scratch:

DSCN6830.jpg

DSCN6829.jpg

D. capensis "broad leaf"

DSCN6824.jpg

i hope those pitchers on that TM cross starts to look a bit nicer once they get larger (not that it dosnt look nice now or anything) but just more...well distinct?

i hope those pitchers on that TM cross starts to look a bit nicer once they get larger (not that it dosnt look nice now or anything) but just more...well distinct?

I know... I really have been thinking that same thing too. It is quite a slow grower so I bet it will just take a while before its pitchers start looking cooler.

Anyway, Updates! More of the same, just more colorful. :p

N. eymae x jacquelineae

DSCN6861.jpg

DSCN6863.jpg

N. eymae x (x trusmadiensis)

DSCN6872.jpg

N. eymae x ephippiata

DSCN6856.jpg

DSCN6857.jpg

DSCN6858.jpg

DSCN6859.jpg

First significant under lid exudate!

DSCN6860.jpg

N. singalana x hamata

DSCN6864.jpg

All darkened up, I'm really loving that color. :-D

DSCN6865.jpg

Funny, this pitcher was forming when I was sent the plant, and opened after the larger pitcher which formed entirely in my care, and it is smaller, but nice nonetheless.

DSCN6866.jpg

:mwahaha:

DSCN6867.jpg

N. hamata

DSCN6871.jpg

N. spectabilis x talangensis - the vine is producing more irregular pitchers as time goes by. I really like how the stripes and spots on this one are entirely different then I have seen so far.

DSCN6868.jpg

D. capensis "broad leaf" was touching the light so N. spectabilis x talangensis had to restrain it. :p

DSCN6870.jpg

D. prolifera, proliferating with U. nelmubifolia

DSCN6873.jpg

N. burbidgeae x edwardsiana

DSCN6879.jpg

N. ventricosa x glandulifera

DSCN6883.jpg

:banana2:

Nice pics! Everything looks great!

Great looking plants.

Nice looking cp's Dex! The live sphagnum you are using looks overjoyed in that environment..it is flowing everywhere. :)

Very nice. Can't wait for my N. eymae x ephippiata seedlings to get some more size to them.

Lots of beautiful nepenthes! Keep up the good work!

Back