What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finally I have finished one of my project and have time to post some pics taken during the later summer and fall.

Here are some pics:

N. aristolochioides. It stopped pitchers during the summer due to unknown reason. But now it starts to pitcher again. This plant grows quickly for me. Generally put out a new leaf per 3 weeks.
arist.jpg

N. ampullaria (red) x N. sibuyanensis. I always love this red color.
ampullariaxsibuyanensis-1.jpg

N. glabrata. Wait for it entering the vine stage so that I can see its upper pitchers.
glabrata.jpg

N. jamban. I once thought its pitchers are green, but found with age its pitchers are solid red. See the color change of its pitcher:

first, green:
jamban20.jpg

after some days, reddish
jamban2.jpg

finally, red! Its right is the latest pitcher of N. ampullaria (red) x N. sibuyanensis. And the bottom is the immature pitcher of N.ampullaria x N.talangensis. In fact, there is also an immature pitcher of N.jacq on the bottom of jamban. But not clear to see.
jamban_ampxsib.jpg

N.mikei. It has entered the vine stage. I am looking forward to its flower in the near future.
mikei.jpg

N. x trusmadiensis, Borneo Exotics Clone 2. Very young, and the pitchers have not yet shown their characteristics. More similar to the pitchers of lowii.
TM1.jpg

Here is the close-up. Teeth can be seen:
TM2.jpg

N.vogelii. Its special color is really an addition to my collection. Looking forward to seeing its special uppers
vogelii.jpg

Enjoy!

Great growing! How do you cool the plants at night?

Great looking plants!

Very nice.

Thanks for all of your comments.

Hi, limeslide, I am growing my neps outdoor (although they are kept in a terrarium), and the night temperature naturally drops down to 60F or so (in summer, down to about 65F generally; in winter, down to about 50F). I need not to cool them by myself. :)

Another batch of pics taken recently.

N.ampullaria, green with red speckles
ampullaria11_08_20103.jpg

N. ampullaria (red) x N. talangensis, BE Clone 1
ampxtal2010_11_101.jpg

ampxtal2010_11_102.jpg

N. ampullaria (red) x N. sibuyanensis, BE Clone. This is the first pitcher that shows the characteristic of N.sib.
NampullariaredxNsibuyanensis11_10_2010.jpg

N. xTM, BE Clone 2. The teeth are more obvious
TM_2010_11_21.jpg

N. glabrata. A new pitcher
Nglabrata_11102010.jpg

N. jacq. Still very young. It's one of my favorite. Hope it grows faster and show the typical shape. Is it green form?
jacq_2010_11_212.jpg

N. jamban. My favorite.
pitcher will be open soon:
jamban11_10_2010.jpg

Just opened:
jamban11_12_20102.jpg

inside:
jamban11_14_20101.jpg

after a week:
jamban11_21_20102.jpg

jamban11_21_20104.jpg

The insect-meal party of N.jamban, N. ampullaria (red) x N. sibuyanensis, and N. ampullaria (red) x N. talangensis
IMG_5029.jpg

A hybrid of N.albo with some by Sam. Will ask Sam for ID.
Sam2.jpg

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Ohmygod, you have a fantastic collection! Excellent pictures, too! Thanks so much for sharing! :love:

I'm seeing your plants through rose colored glasses... Beautiful, vivid colors; thanks for sharing!!

Great color!

Your jamban is fantastic! Mine has been pouting for 6 months now :-( I've read that most people find it an easy nep, but it's one of my picker ones, up there with jacq.

OMG they are amazing!! I love those red colours in the amp hybrids and the jamban!!

Beautiful pitchers of some beautiful plants. :)

Thanks for all your nice comments. The showed plants are just part of my collection. The rest also include some nice plants. But they are either cuttings just rooted, or too young that have no mature pitchers. Hopefully, in the next Spring, some of them can form their typical pitchers. If so, I will post more pics.

Hi, nightsky: I give my plants as much sunlight as possible (during the winter, about 4 hours direct sunlight). Is the light your jamban & jacq received not enough?

That's a cool comparison with the N. jamban.

Very pretty plants, good growing!

Back