What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes fusca

I wanted to post my nepenthes fusca for POM... but I think there may be no POM on the other forum this month so I thought I would post here instead. ???

This is one of two of my 'closet grown' / seed grown Nepenthes fusca plants. This plant is 3-4ft tall. The plant in the background is a pretty Rhododendron indigenous to Mt. Klabat, Mt. Rantemario, and Mt. Gambuta in Sulawesi, Indonesia.

Nepenthes-fusca-November-2010-01.jpg

Nepenthes-fusca-November-2010-02.jpg

Woah.....That is great, and having other plants native to where the neps grow is even better....I'd love to find some plants native to the sumatran highlands....but I have no idea where to start.

what about sumatra ? :D
Awesome nep btw!

Ohmystars, the color on that is unbelievable! Thanks for sharing! :love:

I can tell you some Rhododendronsthat are native to Sumatra:

R. adinophyllum
R. rarilepidotum
R. retusum
R. x sumatranum
R. aequabile

I am sure there are a dozen more. I tried to grow ones that are both native to the mountains/areas were nepenthes grow and also found at the same elevation. I am growing some alpine Rhododendrons from Mt. Kinabalu and some others from Northern Borneo right now.

I can tell you some Rhododendronsthat are native to Sumatra:

R. adinophyllum
R. rarilepidotum
R. retusum
R. x sumatranum
R. aequabile

I am sure there are a dozen more. I tried to grow ones that are both native to the mountains/areas were nepenthes grow and also found at the same elevation. I am growing some alpine Rhododendrons from Mt. Kinabalu and some others from Northern Borneo right now.

Wow, nice!

Looks like I have some research to do. ;)

that's the nicest fusca I've ever seen!

Amazing!

Very nice, love the striping. How long has it taken to get to that stage?

Back