What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Female Eymae and others

Hello all. Just received my Female Eymae and a couple other neps. This is the TRUE Eymae species

b-130.jpg

c-112.jpg

a-138.jpg

Ventricosa x xTiveyi (A)

d-101.jpg

e-84.jpg

f-74.jpg

Tobaica x Ovata x Veitchii

g-60.jpg

Also thought I would post some new pics of my Female Tenuis

h-48.jpg

i-41.jpg

j-35.jpg

Everything's looking just marvelous! That Eymae is very nice!!
:drool:

Everything's looking just marvelous! That Eymae is very nice!!
:drool:

Thanks. Now the thing to look forward to is when I do breeding with these. Especially the Female Eymae and the Female Tenuis. The others will be great breeding plants as well.

You are one lucky dude. That is a fantastic addition to any collection. The true eymae is a sight to behold. Congratulations on getting hold of it. Any information on its origin? Is it a BE or wistuba clone? I know there have been a lot of issues brought up that both these may not be the true species.

You are one lucky dude. That is a fantastic addition to any collection. The true eymae is a sight to behold. Congratulations on getting hold of it. Any information on its origin? Is it a BE or wistuba clone? I know there have been a lot of issues brought up that both these may not be the true species.

Thanks. The guy whom I received it from says that its most likely from EP. He received her as a rooted cutting. I got one of her from the same grower as an unrooted cutting sometime over a year ago and she didn't fully root the first time cause she flowered while rooting her, she did have some roots though, just the flowering screwed everything up last time.
I hope and believe she will root for me this time. So far she is showing absolutely no signs of stress and the unfolding leaf has unfolded just a hair since yesterday. I have a feeling I did something right this time, hahahaha.
When I received her and the other 2 cuttings, I soaked them for like 10 to 15mins in large shot glasses filled with clonex rooting gel letting them absorb the gel. I also mist them like every 30 mins with rainwater with superthrive. They absolutely love it. I'll have to take some updated pics of them in like the next week or so to see how they hold up.

Gonna be making some new Eymae hybrids with her and of course species seeds. We need seed grown Eymae's out there. Especially of the true Eymae.

Last edited:
Nice looking uppers on the eymae..

Nice looking uppers on the eymae..

Thanks, shes definitely one of my favs. I've been waiting like over a year for this second chance on her, LOL. Looks like the waiting paid off very well.

Thanks. Now the thing to look forward to is when I do breeding with these. Especially the Female Eymae and the Female Tenuis. The others will be great breeding plants as well.

Eymae with tenuis, flava, jacq, dubia or any of the other toilet-shaped plants now that would be awesome. :)

So what is the fake eymae? fusca?

So what is the fake eymae? fusca?

A lot of sellers who sell you an "Eymae" will slip you a maxima. Maxima's are closely related to Eymae like Macrophylla is closely related to Edwardsiana. To a newbe, A maxima can be passed on as an Eymae.

Astonishing! For sure a very gorgeous plant, hope you can get cuttings soon I would like to have one! I wish you the best of the lucks with that plant, hopefully this time she will make it.

Regards

Last edited:
oh wow VERY nice! couple questions, is it rooted? what are you planning on crossing it with? and more pics in a few weeks when it gets established to your conditions please? lol.

oh wow VERY nice! couple questions, is it rooted? what are you planning on crossing it with? and more pics in a few weeks when it gets established to your conditions please? lol.

Hi there. Shes an Unrooted cutting, but she is already showing signs of new growth. The unfolding new leaf is just about fully unfolded now, showing the new healthy leaf. I plan on crossing her with any of my Veitchii hybrids and of course any of my species.
It seems like she is taking a very quick liking to my growing conditions already in my greenhouse. Much quicker then when I first tried her over a year ago. First time I tried her, she ended up flowering while in the rooting process, probably due to stress. This time she doesn't seem to be stressed at all.

I'm actually gonna add a couple more new pics of her today to show the new progress on the unfolding new leaf.

Took some new pics of the quick progress. First pic is from my Female Eymae. Shes already unfolding her new leaf much quicker than I expected.

a-140.jpg

A group shot of all 3 cuttings all doing very well and showing no signs of stress. Must be because that there all H/L's and thanks to the cooler temps here. Makes them feel right at home. The lower leaves on my Female Eymae aren't really that yellow. Its just how the light reflects off of the wet leaves.

c-116.jpg

Wo! That's a fast plant! Hope it continues to grow that fast in the future.

Wo! That's a fast plant! Hope it continues to grow that fast in the future.

Me to, lol. The sooner she roots and gets tall enough to flower, the better. I really want to have my own homemade Eymae hybrids growing in my greenhouse someday. I just cant wait to see her in her pure species beauty alone. Eymae alone is a Fantastic plant.

Oh wow!! That's incredible!!
Great job, Mike!

aaaah! So the plant is from EP eh? Nice!! yeah!! I remember reading a while back that Geoff did have the real species. Man!! I wish I was in US and could trade with you for something for this. Good luck man.

holy ****! thats fast! hopefully it will flower just as quickly!!!

Back