What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

highlands in lowlands tank for a short time?

Hello all,
So I have to wait a little while till I can get a light for my highlands,
Got up today to find that I have lost 3 small pots in the last few days and see no growth ,,water is good but they don't get much light.
Do you think it would be ok to put my 3 highlands in with lowlands for a few hours a day?
I go to work at 7 am when my lights come on and most days I am home around 2.

I would put them next to a window but I have trees all the way around my house and get no light in the windows.

---------- Post added at 09:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 AM ----------

I will take them out when I got home.

Depending on the species, they should be fine for a few months or so... Honestly your going to stress them out more if you keep moving them around.... What species/hybrids are we talking about?

ventricosa and sanguinea should both be fine in lowland conditions until you get stuff sorted out....
they grow great as intermediates as well....

Why bother with highland conditions with those two species?

Can't they be grown like houseplants?

Why bother with highland conditions with those two species?

Can't they be grown like houseplants?

They can, but they often suffer from lack of light and low humidity in the winter months.....unless you live in florida or something.

Back