What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can Nepenthes ampullaria grow indoors

I am just wondering. I want to try it indoors with no terranium. Is it possible?

if you keep the temps above 70F and provide it with adequate/excessive lighting i dont see why not.

I am just wondering. I want to try it indoors with no terranium. Is it possible?

Nope....not unless you have indoor humidity in excess of 70%.....I tried growing one without a terra.....it nearly died.

it would be difficult to say the least without a long acclimation period,
but with a terra its relatively easy...
here is one of my N. ampullaria, my N. ampullaria "Harlequin" that i grow in a terra
P1010012-5.jpg

P1010013-10.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
fantastic photo and plant SK!

Yes it is. I'm not sure where some of the other information is coming from but it's absolutely possible. RH is whatever it wants to be (probably around 40 or 50%) and it took all sorts of lighting abuse (as can be seen in the picture). This is one I use to grow side by side with the entire rest of my collection ranging from N. mirabilis to N. bicalcarata.

IMG_0440.JPG

IMG_0442.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine looks like that too. Grows on the same shelf as the phalaenopsis orchids and a cattleya, half the size of French3z's though:

PC040008.jpg

I think it's possible as long as your house is always pretty dang warm. Also it shouldn't be much of a problem as long as you mist it quite a lot multiple times a day.

Back