What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yellow dots on leaves

My Nepenthes ventrata has a couple leaves that have yellow dots on them, what is the cause? Can I do something about it? Deficiency?

img2266k.jpg

img2267u.jpg

It maybe some kind of chemical burn. Did you spray them with any kind of fertilizer or perhaps inadvertedly got something like a cleaning product (ammonia) on the leaves?

Is it happening on just the older leaves, or younger leaves as well? How much light was it getting before, and how much is it getting now?

Are your growing conditions so humid that water droplets stay on the leaves overnight?

is there a corresponding dot on the lower leaf surface?

Is it happening on just the older leaves, or younger leaves as well? How much light was it getting before, and how much is it getting now?
I think those two leaves are older, they are leaf closer to the bottom of the stem. I have one 17w fixture, haven't changed the lightbulb.

Are your growing conditions so humid that water droplets stay on the leaves overnight?
Possibily, but now I open the little doors I made out of saran wrap at night so it shouldn't have any more drops. It was a little too humid a couple times.

is there a corresponding dot on the lower leaf surface?

Seems like the yellow dots cover the top 3/4 of the leaf. The closer it is to the stem, no yellow dots.

Seems virus or fungus. Spray fungicide to see what happen.

Back