What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fly eating competition!

There's apparently a competition on between my black Violin mantis and the bellii x (thorelii x aristolochioides) to see who can eat the most blue bottle house flies.

beliaristothor1.jpg

beliaristothor2.jpg

I didn't intentionally feed the plant but it's been catching some of the mantids food:

beliaristothor3.jpg

The bx(txa) is doing just fine in a lowland chamber for me so if some of you want the desirable thor x aristo but can't give it cool nights hunt down this one. It's essentially a smaller version of it but has been doing great in warm temps after settling in since getting it sometime in spring. Can't wait to see the growth spurt after it digests these 3 or 4 flies!

What's up Doc?

blackviolin2.jpg

Thanks for lookin'! :)

Ahaha wow, awesome! :D

I was really wondering how this one would play out...

I'm thinking hmmm.... measuring all of the flies that our Nepenthes eat would be pretty cumbersome.

But awesome pics!

LOL Nope just a competition between the tanks two inhabitants. I was misting today and noticed how dark the pitcher fluid was so I had to look in there. The violins abdomen is nice and fat so he's not going hungry either.

If people do feel like posting pitcher pics of Nep pitchers full of goodies that would be cool ! :)

Back