What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I like big wings and I cannot lie

For some reason, I find myself attracted to Nepenthes with big wings on the front of the pitchers like N. rafflesiana such as seen here:
giaraff_u9M.jpg

It's even better if they're also spiky! More spikes can (for me) make up for being smaller as they still have a good visual impact.

N. 'viking' (mirabilis var globosa) also seems to have fairly prominant wings.

What are some other species with big wings? Which ones are considered fairly easy growers?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
N.distillatoria has some fairly prominant wings....it is an easy LL nep.

N. tomoriana also has serious wingyness.....ans is also an easy LL,

(ventricosa x talangensis) x merrilliana:

ventxtalxmerri1.jpg

brokken, I think you just won the thread!

db: Not my plant though. :) At some point, everyone should be able to get it from Exotica Plants in Australia.

Here's my x Vanessa - she's got Raff in her :p

PC010005.jpg

They look great, i can't wait for my neps to grow that big, specially my nepenthes rajah, hopefully it will grow big in 3-4 more years, right now is a 2-3 year old nep. Nice pics by the way, the pics are really good.

My bicalcarata that I used to grow had some fairly sensuous wings on it once it got big. Nothing like that Exotica cross though!

DSCN5687.jpg

Back