What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. tenuis pics (bring in yours...)

While checking my plants, I'm regularly drawn to my N. tenuis. It's an amazingly robust grower, spitting out new pitchers in both the summer & winter. Because of this great tendency, it's almost impossible for me to yank it out of it's home to get decent pics. While looking for other pics, there is Nep 101 & his monster & Thez's. While looking at pics of Thez's plant, I realized her pitchers were quite different than mine, even though the plants didn't look all that different size-wise...

Here's mine from December (with friends - in office terrarium):
Ntenuisplant120410RS.jpg

.... & some pitchers:
Ntenuispitcher120110RS.jpg

Ntenuispitcher112210RS.jpg

Let's see some more pics.... :-O

You just want to make me jealous, don't you? XD
Such a beautiful plant!

@ron: Thez's N. tenuis is a true N. tenuis. The pitchers are like that initially, but become more "N. tenuis" like later---and it is quite a development jump, within two pitchers you can get from Thez's shape to your shape. how do i know? cuz it happened to me! XD

i know a crappy picture, but at least it's showing you what im talking about:
DSCN3805.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, those are old pics Ron - that's how the plant came to me from AW and since then, it has made pitchers like these:
PA010002.jpg

Hi,

Here's the latest pitcher on my plant. I have had problems with the growth points dieing on it. A good thing is that it produces side shoots readily. The pitchers produces a very slimy liquid.

tenuis.jpg

Regards,

Christer

WOW thats amazing

Got it a few days ago...

DSC02674.jpg

Thread necromancy has begun... Here is my plant i received around the same time as C12 above, its doing quite well as a highland-ultrahighland plant.

DSC_0273.jpg

DSC_0270.jpg

DSC_0272.jpg

Back