What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hungry N. ramispina

jonnyq

Supporter
Took this pic of one of my N. ramispina seedlings today... It struck me that the pitcher actually looked... hungry... and maybe just a tad sinister? :D

Nepenthes%20ramispina%20bright%20small.jpg

Oh yeah, that thing is out for blood. :mwahaha:

Looking at your beautifully formed little N. ramispina pitcher, made me think how nice it would be if there were a dozen or more Nepenthes species that were mature in three inch pots, and grew less than twelve inches high. Then I would have the space to include them in my collection.

I've never seen a black pitcher before, but I like the way it looks. How hard are these to care for?

Nice looking N. ramispina pitcher jonny. N. ramispina was always one of my favorite species.

I've never seen a black pitcher before, but I like the way it looks. How hard are these to care for?
It is pretty easy to care for and susceptible to varying conditions. It acclimates well.

xvart.

If you want black pitchered plants, look out for N. mikei (blackish with green spots), N. izumiae, N. ramispina, N. muluensis, and their hybrids.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yeah, sorry about that... It's not actually a black pitcher, though it might appear that way due to the lighting and my poor camerawork... :D The N. ramispina pitcher itself is closer to a chocolate brown...

Last edited by a moderator:
Ramispina grows like a weed for me and loves fertilizer in its pitchers.

Back