What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wild N. gracilis and...???

Hey guys, went for a holiday with my family near the border of terengganu and well found some neps there :) Its my first time seeing wild lowland neps and well that made my day :) Here are the pictures.

Here are some of the huge N. gracilis i found...Kinda hard to miss even though you're going at 80kmph
DSC08352.jpg

DSC08351.jpg

DSC08373.jpg

DSC08385.jpg

Had to be careful not to step on them
DSC08387.jpg

DSC08384.jpg

Some of the inflorescence
DSC08390.jpg

DSC08378.jpg

Found some redder ones too
DSC08379.jpg

DSC08380.jpg

Well after walking for awhile i saw this bigger nep..Was actually looking for N. mirabilis so i thought it was a N. mirabilis...Upon closer inspection i realised it was Nepenthes rafflesiana!
DSC08381.jpg

DSC08394.jpg

DSC08389.jpg

Lots of younger plants under the ferns too
DSC08393.jpg

Well and this is the best form i found
DSC08386.jpg

Had to get a picture with it
DSC08395.jpg

DSC08382.jpg

DSC08391.jpg

Well thats about it....Never knew i could find N. rafflesiana in this area :) Great find for a newbie like me :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's cool i mean to find Nepenthes in the wild is cool just wondering did you take any?

No way....:) I love neps but those in the wild shall belong in the wild...Its wrong to take them

Oh wow! Such great finds, and that N. rafflesiana is pure beauty!
Thanks for sharing! :-D

Yeah i new you wouldn't just playin around with you.

Amazing plants and rlly nice pics :)
I hope ill ever get to see wild neps like that.
Do you have any idea what kind of fern is on most of the pics ?

Woah.....That is just...awesome. :0o:

It was a great trip :) Hope i can see more of them someday.....The fern is called a whisk fern....I learn it in bahasa malaysia and its called paku pakis

Oh man Kent - you make us all so jealous, I am sure. :D

What beautiful clumps of fertile looking flowers! Those N. rafflesiana are just so beautiful!

It was a great trip :) Hope i can see more of them someday.....The fern is called a whisk fern....I learn it in bahasa malaysia and its called paku pakis

I found the latin name :D Dicranopteris
I hope i can get one ^^

Wow, nice neps!

I really like nep 'in situ' photos so thanks for posting these. And I must add that the N. rafflesiana is fantastic. What a great form.

Woo! I love the pics!! Tanks for sharing!

Your welcome guys, Hope i can find more of these in the future....

Back