What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My new N. veitchii K

Exo

Tastes like chicken!
Here are some pics of my new N. veitchii K....it is much bigger than I expected!

Nveitchii01_2-3-11.jpg

Nveitchii02_2-3-11.jpg

Nveitchii03_2-3-11.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
it sure looks like a beaut! thanks for sharing!

That is freakin' spectacular! Well worth what you paid for it. Damnit I need more growspace, I gotta get one!

What a beast!

That is freakin' spectacular! Well worth what you paid for it. Damnit I need more growspace, I gotta get one!

I hear it grows very well as an intermediate, so it should be easy to grow compared to the the real HL neps like hamata and such.....I hear it doesn't even need as much light as most HL neps...a winner all around!

That N. veitchii K looks sexy!

It's a very good grower...I'm jealous, yours is darker than mine :p

This is all the darkness mine's made:
PB180036.jpg

Nice!

You can see that mine has both the dark and light colored peristomes. I think it has to do with the maturity of the pitcher process.. The yellow one being the most mature. Duh..

100_6858.jpg

It's all sunset peristomey...:drool:

Great looking veitchii! Ive got a smaller one from TC. They grow quite fast.

Great looking veitchii! Ive got a smaller one from TC. They grow quite fast.

Really?...wow, that's good to hear...I had always heard that they grow slow.

ya its the Batu, Lawi clone. I got it about a year ago at 3" leafspan. Now its almost 8". Could just be a vigorous clone.

Yeah, my K seems to be the fastest grower in my veitchii section. All the others are dragging their heels. With the exception of my highland striped seedlings. They're showing the most growth out of all my plants.. so far anyways.

Wow! Spectacular plant. Very nice color.

Here's my veitchii K. I was a bit disappointed with the first pitcher under my care that had stripping as you can see in the picture, but the second blew me away!
veitchiik1.jpg

veitchiik2.jpg

Sorry to bump up an old thread, but i had a quick question.

Is the Veitchii K only available from EP in Australia? I havent seen it anywhere else.

After seeing these, I really want one lol. Kudos to all you who posted the awesome pictures.

Check with Tony P. and/or Michael C.

Back