What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just Hung a Nep

TheFury

Oh, the humanity!!
I just picked up a pair of cedar hanging baskets and stuck my N. ventricosa in it. I mounted some cast iron plant hangers to the side of an Ikea bookcase so they can hang in front of the window. The plant gets a good number of hours of full sun right now; in the summer that will change to dappled sunlight once the trees regrow some leaves.

The second box is empty right now because I'm waiting for a N. mirabilis basal to throw down some roots - once it does I'll pot it up and give Mr. ventricosa a neighbor.

c4bc6c0b.jpg

That looks soo nice. I always love hanging baskets!

those are neat boxes, to bad they arent for sale over here.

I can't seem to find those baskets anywhere. :(

Holy moley. XD

I meant locally, sorry, haha.
I'll probably have to resort to the internets though. Thanks Thez!

Thanks all! Yeah, I looked everywhere for these things at my local Home Depots and Lowes. Turns out they're "online only" products at HomeDepot.com. But they're good and cheap!

Just added a N. x Deroose alata to the mix!

715700ba.jpg

That's neat looking!

Thanks! I just hope that once the trees outside grow some more foliage they don't start to block too much sunlight. I know these Neps can handle partial sun, but dappled/shady sun might bee too little! ... right? ???

Back