What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Safe to acclimate?

Vbkid

Getting There...
So a N. x Miranda I received a few months ago just finished putting out it's second leaf since I received it. It seems to be in great spirits and is growing nicely.
My question:
When I received it I put it under a ziplock bag to keep the humidity high. Can I start reducing the humidity now that it has taken pretty well? I'd start by just cutting a corner of the bag open and removing a little more each day.
Thanks,
Kyle

Yep that's what i would do.

So a N. x Miranda I received a few months ago just finished putting out it's second leaf since I received it. It seems to be in great spirits and is growing nicely.
My question:
When I received it I put it under a ziplock bag to keep the humidity high. Can I start reducing the humidity now that it has taken pretty well? I'd start by just cutting a corner of the bag open and removing a little more each day.
Thanks,
Kyle

I usually start acclimating the second I get plants in. I bag them and slowly start opening the bag up more and more each week, and by the end of their first month they're acclimated to desert-levels of humidity.

Back