What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes truncata take rate?

Hey everyone, I was looking at my Nepenthes truncata the other day. It now has 4 growth points. The main vine is several inches long by now and pretty thick. I was just wondering what the procedure for rooting Nepenthes like N. truncata is. Everything is getting crowded and I'd like to clear things out. Is it an easy rooter; because the nodes are so short should I have more on the cutting? What do you guys recommend?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Mr. Truncata (fitting name for this post)

I have never rooted Nepenthes truncata (although mine is in a similar condition to yours) but I HAVE rooted Nepenthes with little space between nodes. The trick for me was keeping the stem stable in the media it will root in. One suggestion would be to use something to hold it down, either a rubber band around the whole pot or use some sort of homemade device (bent paper clip?) to help keep the cutting in place and touching the media.

Sam

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys growing HL or LL?

You guys growing HL or LL?

I have the highland form and I'm growing it in intermediate conditions.

Hey Mr. Truncata (fitting name for this post)

I have never rooted Nepenthes truncata (although mine is in a similar condition to yours) but I HAVE rooted Nepenthes with little space between nodes. The trick for me was keeping the stem stable in the media it will root in. One suggestion would be to use something to hold it down, either a rubber band around the whole pot or use some sort of homemade device (bent paper clip?) to help keep the cutting in place and touching the media.

Sam

Thanks, sounds like a plan.

Back