What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Nepenthes hamata hybrids on the way

Hello everyone. I would like to announce that there will be some brand new never before made Nepenthes hamata hybrids coming soon. I pollinated my Female Nepenthes truncata x veitchii H/L with both Nepenthes hamata and Nepenthes "Predator". Thanks Dashman and Osmosis UK for the pollen :-D I can't wait to get you guys your half of the seeds :boogie:

a-166.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice :)

I'm very eager to see what comes of this....I like the few Nepenthes hamata hybrids I've seen so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool!! Lets hope we see some incredible hybrids in some years :)

Congratulations!

Congrats Nep101! You can guarantee I will be giving away most of the seed I get back from my Nepenthes "Predator" mating as well. There is no better way to increase the diversity of enthusiasts' collections such as ourselves than to share!

Plus, my seed germination rate so far is about 6% so I think I'll get it in the hands of more experienced seed growers.

Last edited:
Very nice N101. Can't wait until they're ready!

Awesome Mike!

Good stuff, I look forward to seeing some of the hybrids on he forums, Mike! ;)

Thanks everyone! I'm giving her Max Sea to see how that affects her seed yield. I'm being extra careful with the Max Sea this time. I'm hoping that she'll yield alot more seeds thanks to the stuff.

Too frikin' kewl!!!

You'll be having some world famous hybrid action going on quick enough.

Which one will you be naming 'The Joker"?

Too frikin' kewl!!!

You'll be having some world famous hybrid action going on quick enough.

Which one will you be naming 'The Joker"?

LOL. I dont think I'll be naming any of them after him :-))

---------- Post added at 09:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

good job and good luck :banana2:

Thanks! I'll be doing another update in the next week or so. I just gave her another treatment of ferts today to make sure her developing seeds get well fed. Hoping for a large yield this time around.

cool, cant wait to see what they look like when they start putting out mature pitchers.....almost had my striped veitchii crossed with hamata but the flower was on an unrooted cutting and aborted before the seed started forming......really wanted to see what that would have produced.....

Back