What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Creek water?

I was just wondering if I can use creek water on my nepenthes, especially now that it's raining I would think it would be ok, but just checking

Nope....the mineral content of most creekwater is astronomical.....so it's not good at all.

not only that, but terrestrial run off, unwanted nutrients due to fertilized lawns, pesticides, and pathogens would be present as well....if you happened to live near Mt. Shasta, Mt. Blanche, or the Tepuis, you'd have better luck....

Agreed! You never know what is running off into the creek.

not only that, but terrestrial run off, unwanted nutrients due to fertilized lawns, pesticides, and pathogens would be present as well....if you happened to live near Mt. Shasta, Mt. Blanche, or the Tepuis, you'd have better luck....

I'm lucky in that respect...I can use my tap water after chlorine evaporation via aeriation.
The Chetco River is but 30 miles or so long and drains from the Kalmiopsis Wilderness.
The City merely filters it and adds the mandatory amount of chlorine the Gov't. says we have to add.
It won't even register on my TDS meter.:0o:

Back