What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dexenthes

Aristoloingulamata
That area of your growing space where one can find the highest pitcher per square inch ratio.

That shot that you can capture of that one patch where, in your collection, you can find the most, open, hungry, sensuous Nepenthes pitchers growing happily.

I want to see it!

Here is mine, it is modest; I'm sure some of, if not most of you have seen it before.

This corner of my terrarium which is dominated by Nepenthes ventricosa x glandulifera and Nepenthes spectabilis x talangensis with a guest appearance of Nepenthes glabrata.

Please post pics of your pitcheriest picture of your plants' place.

I'd love for someone to just totally put my example to shame. :)

DSCN5869.jpg

P.S. The person who can find exactly how many open, filled healthy pitchers are in this picture gets to feel special and confident in their eagle eyes!

Last edited:
015-2.jpg

Pretty much it.... 16 pitchers in there :p

Lordy... that spec x talang is gorgeous.
You can't really see it, but there are two big honking truncata pitchers to the right here, and several more sanguinea uppers than I was able to capture in a single shot. (Those pesky vines.)
IMG_0923.jpg

Ah, I guess this one might show it a little better:
IMG_0925.jpg

My ventricosa that just popped basals is probably denser, I'll see if I can get a decent pic tomorrow. The x. margaretea next to it is also going bonkers at the moment. You can get a sense of what's going on if you look to the left of chaniana x vietchii here:
IMG_0920.jpg

~Joe

It's constantly changing..

100_6057.jpg

100_6084.jpg

100_6041.jpg

100_7044.jpg

100_7049.jpg

100_7045.jpg

100_7050.jpg

100_7378.jpg

Last edited:
I'd say thirteen in the very first pic Dex.

Excellent pictures of pitchers everyone! That's exactly what I'm talking about. Dense mangled mess of pitfall protrusions. :)

@eou812 - Good count, but there are more than that. :)

Nice collections everyone! Mass, I think we have the same thermometer/hygrometer. Lol.

Did somebody say "pitchers per square inch"?

188502_10150121587893070_157408238069_6393761_2024462_n.jpg

The person who can count the pitchers in this photo...needs to get a life.

Jurow do you mind ZOOMING IN LOL~!

Back