What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. splendiana x hybrids getting better

• Thread starter droseraguy
  • Start date

droseraguy

Illinois
After putting heat back in the room everything is starting to appreciate the extra attention and fertilizer. Unfortunately the ants decided that the nep drippins' are more palatable than the terro ant drops I've left for them. Took the systemic approach tonight so they should be falling out here shortly. Anyway I snapped a couple pics in case they get a bit burnt by the spray, shouldn't but you never know. I'm liking the veitchii parentage alot in some of these. Any other ideas on why the first one below grows so slow and tight compared to the others in this seed bunch ?

N. splendiana x [(veitchii x maxima) x vetchii]
HPIM1033.jpg

HPIM1034.jpg

HPIM1035.jpg

HPIM1040.jpg

HPIM1042.jpg

A sibling of the above
HPIM1039.jpg

An upper of N. Splendiana x mixta (JK Grex)
HPIM1025.jpg

HPIM1037.jpg

HPIM1036.jpg

I've got seed grown plants of both.. can't wait for them to get that size.

One question.. Why do people call it splendiana x [(veitchii x maxima) x vetchii] rather than x splendiana x (x tiveyi x veitchii) ? ??? It's the same exact thing, but shorter. I mean, you don't say (kampotiana x mirabilis) x ((maxima x veitchii) x veitchii) do you?

Awesome! I have one N. splendiana x [(veitchii x maxima) x vetchii] that is showing stripes like yours, although it is much much smaller. I was wondering if a few had striped peritomes because most of the ones I have seen of N. splendiana x [(veitchii x maxima) x vetchii] do not.

I really need to give these guys better conditions so they'll start getting bigger. I grow mine in highland conditions.

The result of my post containing N. splendiana x [(veitchii x maxima) x vetchii] and not N. xSplendiana x (xTiveyi x veitchii) has little to do with my preference and more to do with the first string of text my eye saw available to copy and paste into my reply. LOL.

I think I used the shorter version in my growlist. Or maybe not. I seem to recall us havingthis confusion in my recent trade post.

I am sure there is a proper way to describe it. And it would make sense to write it as you did.

I think I used the shorter version in my growlist. Or maybe not. I seem to recall us have this confusion in my recent trade post.

Indeed we did..
At least the shorter version is what you called it when I got it from you. ;)

Oh, so now this is my fault? LOL. Just kidding Mass.

Yes, that is how it was labled when I received it. I got my batch from a grower named JimmyJ who has since dissappeared from the forums. I think tropics is the original source.

No matter what you call it, it looks like it's turning into a real winner.

I think we can all agree on that.. I absolutely LOVE this cross!

I left the name since that is how the seed was labeled and I never looked into it any further. I'll have to dig up some old emails and see if there was a reason. They are becoming my favorites too but there is alot of variability in all mine. Some are great some are ok.

Back