What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wednesday morning eye candy

thez_yo

instigator
Nepenthes -- finally opening some pitchers now that it's warming up

petiolata
P3280021.jpg

veitchii
P3290023.jpg

mikei
P3290028.jpg

truncata (queen X king from BE) finally making some leaves again
P3290024.jpg

Oh man! I was hoping for doughnuts but those will do ;>

Things are picking up here too with the longer days and the sun getting stronger!

Personally, I'm all for eye-cheesecake!

Nice plants thez! Don't tell me that the N. densiflora x truncata is still getting bigger! It is going to be huge!

Oh man! I was hoping for doughnuts but those will do ;>

Things are picking up here too with the longer days and the sun getting stronger!

:spazz: omg it's Tony :spazz:
:hail:

...how bout some pics then :poke:

Personally, I'm all for eye-cheesecake!

Muffins was next on my list for baking... woulda done it last night, but the measuring cups and spoons were in the wash :(

Nice plants thez! Don't tell me that the N. densiflora x truncata is still getting bigger! It is going to be huge!

Thanks! Well it is, but the pic on here is just plain old truncata black :p

I know thats just a normal truncata :) I was expecting to see the N. densiflora x truncata pitcher opened by now! that is whay I mentioned it.

Muffins was next on my list for baking... woulda done it last night, but the measuring cups and spoons were in the wash :(

Make mine bran and/or pistacchio!

I know thats just a normal truncata :) I was expecting to see the N. densiflora x truncata pitcher opened by now! that is whay I mentioned it.

Hmm, I'm hoping it opens soon too :lol: I'm impatiently waiting on the densiflora X King of Spades, veitchii X boschiana and adrianni to open because they're the biggest in my collection. Also the lowii X truncata flared because maybe this pitcher will start having a nicer peristome I'm hoping...

Ohh..I like what I see. :awesome:

Nice! Do your N. mikei pitchers actually mature to black as advertised by vendors? The leaf itself looks colorful.

Oh.. sorry, didn't see you there for a couple days :0o:

Here's a pic - they get pretty dark:
P4020012.jpg

P4020013.jpg

P4020014.jpg

P4020015.jpg

With a flash it's pretty dang black, but without, I'd say it's more of a really dark powder purple-grey maybe? It's pretty close to black in the Nepenthes world though imho.

Back