What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TheFury

Oh, the humanity!!
Hey folks! Here are some of my Neps, all in one place, for your viewing pleasure. These are nowhere near what some other folks on TF have in their collections, but I'm confident these puppies will get there some day :-O

5604245907_472e9be626_b.jpg

N. x Deroose alata (thanks doku!) - This is a rooted cutting I got in a trade. It's growing slowly and not pitchering. The tendrils just seem to dry up at the end of the leaf. The bottom leaves have turned yellowy-brown and the top leaves are green and waxy. It's acclimating to my sunny window. Hopefully it will start pitchering after it adjusts? I've had it for around a month and a half now. It gets about 5 hours of direct sun a day and is supplemented by an overhead CFL for an additional 8 hours a day. The top dressing in the pot is red sphag courtesy of the moss man mass.

5604821944_a9b2c68915_b.jpg

N. ventricosa "red" - hanging in my window next to the N. x Deroose alata. This guy was hobbling along, growing slowly as ever... but then I hit it with some Maxsea and watered it a few times with coffee and BAM! Its leafspan has nearly doubled. This pitcher it's inflating in the far left of the pic is going to be a big'un.

5604237881_eb1a8a9b9a_b.jpg

The Nep corner of my grow rack with some geranium cuttings that I just propagated today

5604831034_e8e7578923_b.jpg

N. mirabilis - thanks F R e N c H 3 z! - I've had this guy in water for like two months now and just potted it up today. It's pitchering like crazy... it started pitchering just two weeks after I received it! Potted with a top dressing of more of mass' red sphagnum

5604241467_6c42dec234_b.jpg

My favorite Nep - N. spectabilis x aristolochioides. Just finished acclimating it today. W00t!

I also have a N. ventricosa x spectabilis on order that I will hopefully receive in a week or two :banana2:

Nice! It might be small right now, but at least it's neat and tidy and you know what you want instead of getting tons of stuff you won't like later.

Nice..love that N. spectabilis x aristolochioides. thinking of getting one when i have the space.

Thanks folks!

@thez - yes, after my N. ventricosa (which was one of my first CPs) it took me a long time to get into Nepenthes mainly because I was researching which ones could tolerate my blunders. There are just so many to choose from. I go for the ones with ornate pitchers that are especially hardy.

@chibae - go for it! These things stay pretty small from what I understand. And the pitchers are to die for. I've been wanting one for so long, and was waiting and waiting for one to come up in a trade. But then I saw one for sale online and jumped at the chance to pick it up. No regrets here!

Thanks folks!

@thez - yes, after my N. ventricosa (which was one of my first CPs) it took me a long time to get into Nepenthes mainly because I was researching which ones could tolerate my blunders. There are just so many to choose from. I go for the ones with ornate pitchers that are especially hardy.

Well, then I'd go with trusmadiensis crosses if I were you because the lowii in it makes the pitchers stick around easily for a year! :awesome:

Nice looking plants; thanks for sharing!

Nice Neps! I'm sure they will grow up to be magnificent. :) Loving your N. spectabilis x aristolochioides, especially.

Well, then I'd go with trusmadiensis crosses if I were you because the lowii in it makes the pitchers stick around easily for a year! :awesome:

And the macrophylla in it makes your wallet sore for easily a year! :-))

Thanks! Yes, it's a big purchase, but perhaps N. trusmadiensis will be next on my want list!

nice collection that N. spectabilis x aristolochioides looks so awsome!

Back