What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Teenage N. edwardsiana pitcher

In a class all its own! Thanks for sharing!!

Jeremiah,
Great pics & thanks for sharing!

In your experience, where does this plant fall in terms of various growing parameters? (ie: growth rate - faster than N. lowii? Cool temps req'd - less picky than N. aristolochioides or... Pitcher longevity, etc). If possible, share your experiences with growing the plant.

Very, very nice
Truly, one of the CP holy grails...

Ive never really had the room for many neps, but this one.... well, I would find the room LOL

Cheers'
Butch

:drool: awesomely amazing plant!!!!!

About the cultivation of N. edwardsiana. The growth habits most remind me of the AW N. macrophylla. Definitely faster growing then any N. lowii I have seen and slightly less finicky then N. aristolochioides but all my N. aristolochioides have always done really well for me. Pitchers last quite a while but I have never checked for sure. I know when this one opened so I will notice when it starts to fade. It always has about 3 to 4 nice pitchers on at a time.

I have it potted in a 6"x6" wide 8" Tall white hydroponic pot. I love these pots for highland plants because it helps keep the roots nice and cool. Here is a link to the exact ones I use. http://www.hydroworldstore.com/products/6%22x6%22-Square-White-Pot,-8%22-Tall,-50-per-case.html

Last time I repotted I used a mix of 60%LFS and 40% Chunky Perlite. Next time I repot I will use a mix of 33% charcoal 33%LFS and 33% Chunky Perlite.

The plant is growing on the north side of the greenhouse along with all my other finicky highland/ultrahighland plants. Year round daytime highs at 70-78F and lows 52-58. Humidity never falls below 68%. From what I have seen it is about 2 years away from being a monster!

Well I hope that answers some of your questions.
-Jeremiah-

Back