What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My first Hamata!!!!

BioZest

zesty.
I seriously just got this in the mail like ten minutes ago!!!It's clone 1!!
heres the pics:

IMG_2573.jpg

how it came:
IMG_2568.jpg

IMG_2570.jpg

:boogie::boogie::boogie::boogie::boogie::boogie::boogie:

Nice so both of them are Nepenthes hamatas?

Exactly how mine came as well. I also got a clone 1. Nice to see he shipped decent size plants. Good luck! I can't wait to watch mine grow up. :rookwoot:

eou812: yes they're both hamatas, one of them are for n bicalcarata because we ordered together.
dsrtfox:thanks!:)

Wow. Large and healthy! :)

thanks...
I have it in peat with coconut bark mixed on the top with a layer of sphagnum over the top. Did I do anything wrong(I really don't know)? Please tell me if I did...

thanks...
I have it in peat with coconut bark mixed on the top with a layer of sphagnum over the top. Did I do anything wrong(I really don't know)? Please tell me if I did...

Hmmm...peat and coconut bark compacts and isn't quite open enough.

I find that mine does best in a bark/perlite/LFS mix with some LFS on top.

Yeah you definitely want it in an airier mix (didn't know that was a word....lol, but it didn't try to correct me). I have always found LFS, perlite, and orchid bark works for my neps. Mix them in equal parts and put them in your pot, but don't compact it in there, you want it loose.

ok thanks

Yeah cocohusk doesn't treat hamatas well. Mine didn't pitcher in that til I switched to just plain 'ol perlite : lfs, with no topdressing.

nice hamata thanks for it/them you know what i mean

---------- Post added at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 PM ----------

n i use 1/3 lfs 1/3 sm 1/3 bark

Back