What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes whaddisit, part two

Lil Stinkpot

Lucky Greenhorn
A few months ago I posted pictures of a mystery Nepenthes. We never did come to a conclusion, only because the little guy was too young. Today, however, it surprised me with a super-duper-sized pitcher with certain distinguishing features. Perhaps now we can tell!

This plant has shown me that it's a highlander, for sure, by pitchering only during winter. I will need to cater to that need-- I really don't have true HL or, Heaven forbid, UHL conditions. Must fix.

Please forgive the sun-burned leaf in the pictures. I had a build-up of leaves on the roof, and cleaned it off before thinking about the impact it may have had. Whoops!

30746d55.jpg

e971e2e6.jpg

1f49c3a7.jpg

A little birdie told me it may be N. eyemae. I'm not gonna say it is, (I hope, I hope, I Hope!), but here's a tantalizingly similar picture I snagged off the photo finder:

dsc07750b.jpg

ETA: I found another photo online, this one's nearly identical to my plant:

DSCF0025-4.jpg

Last edited:
The leaves resemble an eymae as well!

hmm.. whoever told you that it might be eymae seems to sure know their stuff! :awesome: And true eymae is tough to come by. I'd say you've got yourself a keeper!

or its a form of N. maxima... either way, its got potential...

Back