What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

havent looked at my plants in a month.....

lowii
IMG_1293.jpg

IMG_1299.jpg

burb
IMG_1290.jpg

flava
IMG_1295.jpg

longifolia
IMG_1297.jpg

veitchii
IMG_1289.jpg

IMG_1301.jpg

Wow the N. flava is looking really killer! How long have you had it?

good question.......off the top of my head maybe 2 years?

that settles it.. I'm not looking at my plants until my birthday.. in July.

:eek: omg that flava is just :drool:

Very nice... I think I'd have to wait 5 years + hire a gardener for mine to look even half that good!

and see i think my plants in general look like crap cause i might clean out dead leaves and pitchers and such once or twice a year........individual pitchers may look good but the plant itself often looks rugged.....

basically i ignore my plants, i have my plant room set up in the basement, check the trays once every week or two and only inspect the plants every once in awhile......"plant and forget" style of gardening.....other than about 2 minutes of watering tonight was my first time looking at my plants in about 5 weeks....

You don't water once every 5 weeks do you ?!

nope, thats the 2 minutes, takes about 60 seconds to dump water in the trays, this time of year we dont run the furnace much or ac at all so evap is low and i usually water every 14 days or so.....dont usually inspect the plants when i water, usually just dump and run.....

Awesome flava, lowii and lauena. :) It's amazing that you can keep these gorgeous plants alive in such a hostile climate!

Great photos rattler, what plant does that red flower belong to?

I love that N. burbidgeae! Can you tell us more about how you grow it?

ignore it.......

temps are around 75-80 during the day.....60 or so at night, its still in the grow out tank so humidity is prolly 85% or so.......i bought it cause i liked the red leaves, placed it amongst the other small neps and ignored it.....it and 2 others are getting to big for that tank and will be mover out some time in the next few months.....

i dont baby any of my plants, all grow in those temps only variable is humidity......the grow out tank runs bout 85%, the rest is 65-70%

Dude, nobody has mentioned the N. veitchii. So, allow me to mention said plant.

WHA-WHA-WHAAAAT? :drool: Great looking peristome on that plant. How has that one treated you? I'm looking to add a nep to my collection that has some sort of ridiculous peristome - I'm thinking veitchii, maxima, truncata... but my conditions (72-84 degrees; 60-95% humidity) just aren't quite there.

the veitchii is easy, hardy easy to grow but kinda touchy on humidity if you want pitchers......the plant itself will grow in 10% humidity but it needs constant 70% and above for reliable pitchering....

your conditions seem fine to me for what you mentioned, add bongso to your list if you like the purple/black colored pitchers:
DSC00331.jpg

Back