What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Too cold?

Well, it's been in the 40s every night here for the past week (maybe longer) and will carry on like that for another month, I would guess. My plants are outside and are fine with it, but then again- I only have hardy plants outside; Sarracenia, VFTs, Drosera capensis and Drosera binata. If a storm is coming, I would be more worried about things blowing over, and I would make sure they were safe from that, at least. My plants are also probably further back than yours - they are only just about to open flowers and have half grown first pitchers. So the affect of cold weather on them might be less than your plants. This is the only advice I can really give, as I can only say what I myself have observed for my OWN, much further north conditions, and it might be completely different for you... good luck, anyway. I hope someone can offer better advice than me before the storm hits! :)

I just need to know if those temps will harm them.

---------- Post added at 10:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 AM ----------

Thanks though. Oh i for got sorry my Nepenthes all of the ones on my growlist. Sorry that was my fault MH1

"I homeschool. Homeschoolers unite!"

I'm just curious if you meant that ironically..
if not, it's not a very good endorsement for homeschooling. ;)

Scot

"I homeschool. Homeschoolers unite!"

I'm just curious if you meant that ironically..
if not, it's not a very good endorsement for homeschooling. ;)

Scot

Ditto for "to cold"

Fixed title.

xvart.

Not sure about your other plants???
But looking at you Nep. list
N. ventricosa
N. sanguinea
N. maxia x alata
N. mirabilis
N. mirabilis x tiger
N. x ventrata
N. alata

I have all but Mirabilis & Mirabilis x Tiger / +++
&
"I" haven't had any problem growing them outdoors year round with temps in to the low 40's in the winter
{I also have a basic zip up greenhouse (No Heater) / In SoCal}

The worst I've had was a little cold burn on some leaves a few years back, but can't recall loosing any plants
{Most off mine are bigger well established plant though}

It's Not the optimal temp for them, but "I" would say you should be ok {Specially with a heater}
As long as it's not for a prolonged amount of time

Good Luck

Back