What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

:eek: omg those are so nice :spazz:

:hail: Hail to your awesome neps!

They're coming along nicely! I need to come take pics of your plants sometime.

:clap:
How big is that eddie!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

My edwardsianas arrived with yellow pitchers but after being under the T5HO lights the pitchers and leaves both turned deep red but their teeth are still staying yellow for now even on newly formed pitchers. Will be interesting to see all the color variation in peoples edwardsiana plants as they mature and if it's light dependent on what pitcher colors you can wind up with.

Wow! Awesome collection. That fusca does sort of look like an immature hurelliana

Thanks for the comments.

The edwardsiana pitcher is 4" tall. It is a fast grower so hopefully bigger will be on the way shortly. I am not sure if there is correlation with light and pitcher color in edwardsiana's case, obviously it would make sense, but I have not seen definite patterns. When the plant was young, probably 4-5 years old, the pitcher were dark red. I have slowly increased the light intensity over the years. I have a mixture of T5 fluroescents and HPS lighting. This plant is closer to the T5 lighting then the HPS, but regardless should be getting a good range of the light spectrum. I would guess temperature may play a bigger role in the color.

The fusca does look like hurreliana but is a fusca. It is from a division of the a this larger fusca below that flowered this time last year. The adult pitchers looked like this:
Nepenthes-fusca-November-2010-01.jpg

I have a few fusca's that are all similar looking if someone would want to trade for a seed grown.

Thanks.

The edwardsiana looks great, like the coloring.

great plants ,loving the eddie

wow Michael....spectacular plants. wow!! man!! You got one heck of a collection.

I'd be interested in trading for one of those fusca seedlings. :) Let's talk.

wow that's just a brilliant collection, congratulations!

~El gasp~ I :drool: over your fusca.

Nepenthes izumiae x trusmadiensis update. This plant did not pitcher for close to a year. It now has some intermediate looking pitchers that are quite large:
nepenthes-izumiae-x-trusmadiensis-12-11.jpg

nepenthes-izumiae-x-trusmadiensis-02-12-11.jpg

nepenthes-izumiae-x-trusmadiensis-03-12-11.jpg

nepenthes-izumiae-x-trusmadiensis-04-12-11.jpg

nepenthes-izumiae-x-trusmadiensis-05-12-11.jpg

nepenthes-izumiae-x-trusmadiensis-06-12-11.jpg

Took the plant into the bathroom to try to get a shot of the entire plant:
nepenthes-izumiae-x-trusmadiensis-full-plant-12-11.jpg

good god man. Now why can't I get pitchers of that size in my indoor setup? I'm gonna need you to shoot me a detailed blueprint of your setup. :lol:

Wow great plant! I'm not sure I understand why you don't think those are just straight upper pitchers though. :scratch:

And Mass, honestly I think it's just a matter of patience. Your plants are going to take time to grow...

That's dark!!! That nearly circular lid is awesome. I second Mass, I'd love to get some guidance setting up a highland terrarium.

A few plants that are looking good this spring:

n-eymae-jacqulineae-03-12-2.jpg

n-eymae-jacqulineae-03-12.jpg

nepenthes-edwardsiana-03-12-01.jpg

nepenthes-jacqulineae-03-12.jpg

nepenthes-lowii-x-truncata-03-12.jpg

nepenthes-macrophylla-03-12.jpg

nepenthes-ovata-03-12.jpg

nepenthes-tenuis-03-12.jpg

nepenthes-trusmadiensis-03-12.jpg

Post some more soon.

Niiiiice! What's that first one- one of those eymae x jacquelinae?

wow those are incredible! Is the 4th one from the bottom macrophylla?

Very nice!! you have some very well grown plants!

Back