What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The royal children: N. truncata QoHxKoS

vraev

Carnivorous plant enthusiast
Admin
Hi guys,

Found a very nice new truncata pitcher hidden away in the tank.

Firstly, this is the common one I see...peristome folded back... on most of the seedlings.

5702333165_398720d43a_z.jpg

However, the second seedlings pitchers always hang and they show a very nice peristome. Infact, if I may say so...looks like a bonsai version of the Queen of spades. :p

old pitcher...showing color

5702332803_17452b948b_z.jpg

This is what I am talking about,,,newest pitcher

5702901904_2b76b955fa_z.jpg

I dont know if this is genetic difference in both seedlings or if it is due to the fact that the pitcher was pressed against the back of the pot (reminiscent of N. veitchii growing vertically on a tree using its peristome to clasp the bark)

How's everyone else's royal children coming along? Does anyone have pics of more original black truncata parent population?

cheers,

varun

Nice flare! Mine are still curling back somewhat, but it might also be because I transplanted so it got a little miffed (like with the little lid):

P5040020.jpg

Vraev, those QoHxKoS both look amazing. I really hope yours stays flared, it's really does look like the queen. Keep us posted as the pitcher develops :). I should be joining the royal family this week, as I'm getting the one that I won from HB :).

Beautiful. That is such a promising cross.

Two more.... the second (smaller) one had a very rough ride
Evidently pretty robust, with the history of these two it's amazing either one is alive

royaltrunc.jpg

royaltrunc2.jpg

see Zu I do have a few neps.... LOL

wow B! I didn't know you had two. Or are those two from the two growth points that you divided? Either way...looking great. :)

@ Thez

Very cute little plant. I am sure the little lid syndrome should be gone once it gets adjusted to your conditions. :)

fabulous kids !

here is mine who has potential to grow up as parents

2011-05-06_13_16_00_jiguin84.jpg

Regards

Jin

Last edited:
You guys are making me drool. I need to get new plants. I am itching LOL.

Looking fantastic. These are showing so much potential at such small sizes. While mine hasn't grown as fast as some have for others, it has certainly proven to be hardy and hasn't missed a beat.

Now I regret not jumping on the boat sooner; so for now, all this eye-candy has to tide me over. :drool:

Nice plants. I'm jealous, my QxK is still tiny.

It's not a big fan of lowland conditions as far as I can tell.

Mine aren't anything too awesome...yet..

My first one that nearly died in LL temps
NtruncataQxK_2-19-11.jpg

My second one....
Ntrunc_QxK_11-30-10.jpg

Fantastic. Thanks for sharing. I got a terrarium set up in the hopes of obtaining one of these guys, but my dreams where shattered. Not only are they seldom available here, they also cost a small fortune. :(. Too much for a poor student, anyway. Congratulations on your success though.

Really nice prince and princesses there ;)

Back