What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes Vogelii, should I get one??

mikefallen13

Mr. veitchii
I've been in love with this species since I first saw pictures of it the question is how hard is it to grow? I've heard that is is somewhat of an intermediate/highland plant. I'd just like to hear the opinion of somebody that actually grows this species.

I grow it....and so far, it seems to be pretty easy, if a bit slow. I find that it benefits from a well drained chunky mix and good lighting.

I got one, it seems easy to keep alive and grow slowly.
Im in the process of discovering how to make it pitcher :p

It seems to like the same conditions as platychila - a little on the warmer side, and lots of sunshine.

Well shortly after posting I went on Jeremiah's website and looked at the pictures of vogelii in the wild, and well I kinda ordered one:blush:! I'll post pics when it comes.

I had one and loved the 2" pitchers it came with. Unfortunately, that's all I got to see!
So, um, if this one has bigger pitchers, can you bring this also?

Well is has a 14" leaf span so I imagine it's pitchers will be greater than two inches and for 40 bucks I'm really happy! I just can't wait to have some of those amazing uppers.

14" for $40? That's a great deal. If only that was edwardsiana, though!

LOL! That would be nice, I would have... like ten eddies by now!!

I just got one last week, it's around 6" in diameter. Probably gonna be a loooong wait until i see the pitchers I bought it for (uppers).

I want one but I'm holding-out for a seed-grown vogelii. Could be a long wait...

Well it shipped, so I'm guessing it will be here some time this week. I'm excited to see what it looks like!!

Back