What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Show off your new ventricosa X hamata hybrids!

We'll this wants me to buy a burkei x Hamata.
They don't sell the ventricosa cross anymore, do they?

I'm guessing that nepenthes burkei x Hamata would look something like this....

It will be almost identical, I would imagine. You'd be smart to consider robcantleyi X hamata also.

I recognize you from that nepenthes thread now, you had some amazing plants. Are these pitchers of vent x hamata you're holding their max size or do they grow bigger ? I assume you must have seen them at their best.

I have no idea how much bigger this plant will get. I've had it only 18 months (+-) and its stayed quite small and been slow to settle in. I'm not sure what to expect in the next 18 months. And thank you for the kind words about my Nepenthes collection. :)

I can't really say anything about mature plants, but young burkei x hamata does seem to strongly resemble this cross in terms of pitcher morphology and growth habit so far:

IMAG1467_zpsrk5lqbo1.jpg

IMAG1389_zpspitysnkf.jpg

IMAG1390_zpsk5ebtei6.jpg

IMAG1318_zps7zpmpxuw.jpg

One thing I've noticed is that there seems to be slightly more variability among the burkei x hamata than the vent x hamata pics I've seen. That could be skewed by what people choose to post online, though.

Cuz they are seeds growns

It's always a given that seed grown plants will display some variation. I was commenting that I observed different trends in the extent of variability of these two seed grown hybrids.

Back