What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Show off your new ventricosa X hamata hybrids!

Thanks Whimgrinder. It is nice to see the variability among the different seedlings out there. :)

Dang Smitty, that plant is awesome!

They seem to be putting out very large pitchers (and a lot of them) for such small plants. I may need to get myself one of these...

Oh man..... :cry:

Smitty, that's incredible! I know what I'm asking for a present this year.

Ditto. :D

got to agree smitty that is a great looking nep

Great looking plants!

Got mine a few days ago. I'm pretty pleased with it, though I hope the peristome darkens a bit.

Two months and no pics?

:-D

DSCN6816.jpg

DSCN6818.jpg

DSCN6817.jpg

Not as advanced as yours, but here we go:

cp-feb2012-ventxham001.jpg

And 2 clones from me- i have 3, but 2 of them are nearly the same ;) Finally starting to grow well...
:
post-2121-1329693625.jpg

post-2121-1329693630.jpg

Greetings
Witek

really nice plants guys, i jumped on the talangensis x hamata band wagon instead, though perhaps i should pick one of these guys up too before its too late.

I was going post this as a separate thread and then noticed that a thread already exisited for this hybrid.

Maybe this isn't uncommon for some growers to see but our nurseries are (supposed to be) insect proofed so this really is an oddity for us. It never ceases to amaze me how a species of animal that has never seen a Nepenthes pitcher in it's recent evolutionary past can readily make use of it. Diana spotted this in one of our highland nurseries last week:

Nepenthes ventricosa x hamata & visitor

0742&frog5.jpg

0742&frog2.jpg

0742&frog5_cropped2.jpg

Wow wow woe Rob that is awesome!!! Love the nep. The frog is a second nicity.

Oh my that is a beautiful pitcher!

Amazing!

Don't be shy on updating the other hamata hybrid threads too. :awesome:

Drooling pretty good! Anyone else's drool?

DSCN6902.jpg

A smaller pitcher from my other plant. It was quarantined, so it hasn't had as much light.

DSCN6905.jpg

I was going post this as a separate thread and then noticed that a thread already exisited for this hybrid.

Maybe this isn't uncommon for some growers to see but our nurseries are (supposed to be) insect proofed so this really is an oddity for us. It never ceases to amaze me how a species of animal that has never seen a Nepenthes pitcher in it's recent evolutionary past can readily make use of it. Diana spotted this in one of our highland nurseries last week:

Nepenthes ventricosa x hamata & visitor

0742&frog5.jpg

0742&frog2.jpg

0742&frog5_cropped2.jpg

Wow... more vendors should show pics of adult plants in addition to the plants for sale. I would have thought more seriously of buying one if I had seen these pics!! Absolutely stunning...

Agreed. Would love to see pics of vendor's personal plants as well as greenhouse set ups and such. Borneo, thanks for sharing that. The frog is funny.

Back